CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
C1059-CC2 - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Under Construction (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: C1059-CC2 (/thread-1454.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 16-Sep-2015

For a few weeks I have been working on a CC2 set, and I have decided to release a first version. Here it is:

It contains 40 levels. Several are ports of CC1 levels I made with a few improvements thanks to CC2 tiles, others are entirely new.

No music is included in this version. I may add some in later versions if there is enough demand.

Please leave feedback! Thanks for playing!

PLEASE GO TO THE LAST PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION! Older posts contain outdated versions. Thank you!

C1059-CC2 - mobius - 17-Sep-2015

I've begun playing this, I haven't played much yet but they are nice levels so far.

Magic block was a really cool level. It took me a moment to realize what was going on! Very magical.

I have a question on Rooms of 25: why is that ghost moving so fast??? Flushed

Gotta block em all had some nice challenging [but not overly difficult] sokobans.

---
This is unrelated but for some reason my switch character button stopped working. I tried setting it to different buttons; nothing seems to work. HAs this happened to anyone?

C1059-CC2 - quiznos00 - 17-Sep-2015

This is a really nice set with some great concepts. I've solved around ten levels and I'll probably post a level-by-level review once I've taken a look at all of them.

Some levels seem unsolvable or unequal due to the CC1 boot rule being applied, though. Melinda can't collect the dirt boots in level 24 and level 25, for example.

36 seems busted, or maybe you intended it, but:

[Click to Show Content]

Quote:I have a question on Rooms of 25: why is that ghost moving so fast??? Flushed

The ghost collects speed boots at the start of the level.

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 17-Sep-2015

Thanks for the feedback!

I have uploaded a minor reversion that fixes the CC1 boots issue.

Quote:36 seems busted, or maybe you intended it, but:

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">
[Click to Show Content]

This is the intended solution. I don't think there are enough blocks to hold down all the buttons.

Also, I'm afraid I can't help you, Mobius, with your button problem. Sorry Slight frown

C1059-CC2 - random 8 - 18-Sep-2015

Quote:This is unrelated but for some reason my switch character button stopped working. I tried setting it to different buttons; nothing seems to work. HAs this happened to anyone?

EDIT: I misunderstood the question, never mind. Yeah, that's strange. And you're sure there are characters to switch to in that level?

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 25-Sep-2015

C1059-CC2 has been updated with 20 new levels.

C1059-CC2 - mobius - 01-Oct-2015

My time to play is limited but here's a few more comments: I didn't get to the new levels yet.

Ice maze but not as you know it was a fun challenge.

block parking also a good one, and tough! with a bunch of cool concepts.

the chase was another nice one; I like how you can look ahead to plan each area.

There's just so many possibilities with all these new features now, holy crap.

another question: is there some kind of indication of when the CC1 boot rule is active?

---
nevermind about my button problem; I was being stupid and not realizing which key I assigned.

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 01-Oct-2015

Thanks for the feedback Mobius!

Quote:another question: is there some kind of indication of when the CC1 boot rule is active?
When you pick up cleats they will always be second in the item listing. Fire boots will always be third and flippers will always be last. Also items cannot be dropped.

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 20-Oct-2015

The set has been updated again, this time with 80 levels. It also now has a soundtrack:

Please note that it gets loud between 5:00 and 7:05. Sorry.

UPDATE: The soundtrack can be downloaded here:

http://www.filedropper.com/soundtrack_1

I wish I could upload it here on CCZone, but the file is too large. Sorry.

C1059-CC2 - chipster1059 - 01-Jan-2016

The set has been updated, now with 100 levels.

I am very busy in real life, so there probably won't be any new levels for a while. Any further updates to this set will be to fix busts and other issues.

Thanks for playing!