CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
bug in editor? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Chip's Challenge 2 (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: bug in editor? (/thread-1499.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

bug in editor? - mobius - 10-Oct-2015

Quote:

The switch needs the wire tunnels, but the horizontal wire tunnels shouldn't be necessary.

It's possible; you just have to do this:

[Image: wtjapNK.png]

(blocking off the teleport is optional but recommended)

wait, so for some reason wires going through a teleport like this connects them in a different way? I thought wires couldn't pass through thin walls.

----

on a different note: this is a possible bug in the game, not editor but; I'm sure most have noticed that if a block cloning machine is blocked in the direction it's facing, a block will still clone and come out in the opposite direction; even one way blocks facing the wrong way.

I know that they've been updating the game a little bit [i've noticed it change in a few minor ways over the past months], anyone know if they plan to address any bugs like this and other things in the future?

bug in editor? - quiznos00 - 10-Oct-2015

Quote:wait, so for some reason wires going through a teleport like this connects them in a different way? I thought wires couldn't pass through thin walls.

----

on a different note: this is a possible bug in the game, not editor but; I'm sure most have noticed that if a block cloning machine is blocked in the direction it's facing, a block will still clone and come out in the opposite direction; even one way blocks facing the wrong way.

I know that they've been updating the game a little bit [i've noticed it change in a few minor ways over the past months], anyone know if they plan to address any bugs like this and other things in the future?

Wires can pass through thin walls.

And the block cloning behavior isn't a bug. If a clone machine is connected by wire (not by red button) and its initial cloning direction gets blocked, it will start cloning in another direction. This feature gets used in CC2 #192 (Boiler Room), as well as in some custom levels.

bug in editor? - mobius - 07-Nov-2015

green teleporters seem to be not always so random.

I've lined up green teleports so that monsters clone into one [always in one direction] and come out 5 or 6 others [forced in the same direction] but sometimes, it seems like they always come out of the same one over and over.

Often what's happened is; on the first test; the same teleport keeps activating. If I delete that teleporter then it appears to be "fixed" at least momentarily, because on the next test the other remaining teleports will be selected; seemingly randomly. But this problem kept happening a lot while testing a level I was working on. I can upload a picture if my description isn't very good.

bug in editor? - Ihavenoname248 - 07-Nov-2015

Green teleports, like walkers, are pseudo-random (so the same number is used every time). If you look at the lesson level where they're introduced, you'll notice that Chip gets sent to the left about 7 of the first 8 teleports. I think they actually use the same random numbers as the walkers, so when walkers bounce/green teleports are used should affect the random results.

bug in editor? - mobius - 09-Nov-2015

thanks for the info.

Here's something else I'm sure people noticed; if you have a lot of wires/logic gates present in a level; if they're on screen in the editor there is considerable lag when drawing or selecting, but only when the wires are visible.

bug in editor? - mobius - 04-Dec-2015

this is a bug in the game not the editor but;

I'm sure someone's noticed already; if a trap is triggered by wire, by a "pulse" [sometimes] if something is in the trap it will not be released or move forward.

In case anyone doesn't know; a pulse refers to a when a wire is triggered by something moving over a button continuously; that is the monster or chip doesn't stop on the button so the time the wire is triggered is very short, or when a east-west counter reaches 0.

bug in editor? - random 8 - 04-Dec-2015

I've noticed that too, except the version of the bug i came across involved a trap button instead of wires. Never got around to adding it to the public bug list, though.

bug in editor? - mobius - 04-Dec-2015

thanks for posting that link again. I had lost it.

EDIT: I may have discovered a related glitch: it seems that this may not only effect traps but also logic gates; as in a "pulse" had no effect on a counter gate when it should've. I have not verified this however.

I can say that the effect is either non-existent or not as bad on pink or green toggle doors. I haven't had it happen in that instance.

It also seems like this bug only happens under certain circumstances, because in some tests the trap worked every time.

EDIT: I just confirmed this does happen. A pulse is sent through a sytem of wires and gates, and ultimately reaches a counter gate [east-west] it should go up one increment but does not. While holding down the button for at least a second it works as intended.

bug in editor? - random 8 - 07-Dec-2015

In the instance i came across with the trap button, it only happened if i pressed it coming from a certain direction.

I'm curious what your setup is. Can you share an image or c2m file of it?

bug in editor? - mobius - 08-Dec-2015

I can confirm it also happens with brown buttons. I forgot about it until you mentioned it but I did see this also. I don't know about a direction.

My setup [which I mention above.] if pretty big. Basically; either me or an enemy pressing a pink button by walking continuously over it is not correctly triggering wires correctly. Interestingly; the problem may be happening somewhere in the tangle of wires because I could visually see the wire turning quickly near the button but the counter gate is not responding; either the gate is effected directly or somewhere the wires are losing it [or another gate].

this picture probably isn't real good but I don't want to reveal this whole level because it would spoil it [i plan to upload my levelpack sometime soon].
Basically the wire in question will pass through 6-8 logic gates [including counters] before reaching the counter at the end. [btw, it has nothing to do with those incomplete wires, I just drew them up quick because the real pink button and other gates are off screen, the image would be too big.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/category_3/gallery_127_3_2155.png

the funny thing is; I haven't yet experienced it with anything else; like doors. For example on another level when I first discovered this on the trap I had a fireball go through a straight line of traps but when it didn't work I switched to a series of force floors and pink toggle doors to achieve the same result; and then it worked just fine. There was no glitch with the toggle doors [still from pulses].