CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
CCLP1 Speculation - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: CCLP Discussions (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: CCLP1 Speculation (/thread-1699.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

CCLP1 Speculation - BigOto2 - 03-Feb-2014

I used to call it that a long time ago to make it look consistent with CCLP2 and CCLP3. In fact, I think I still have some files sitting around called "CCLP1" from back then.

CCLP1 Speculation - M11k4 - 04-Feb-2014

Quote:Trevor, I have to say that I agree with you. This rule for CCLP3 was perhaps one of the worst decisions of the community and one of the reasons why I quit CCLP3 months ago.

It is a good thing there will be no such rule for CCLP1.
It definitely was not one of the worst decisions. It was even suggested that we'd recommend that no solutions be released at all, which obviously meant to combat the release of bold routes, not let's plays. Thinking of it from this other angle, don't you think the staff found a decent compromise? I also think that the suggestion for CCLP3 created more interest in people actually finishing the set soon after it had been released, so in my view it was easily a net positive.

I speculate that Chip will not die in the story of CCLP1, even though he routinely does that in the actual levels.

CCLP1 Speculation - chipster1059 - 04-Feb-2014

Quote:It definitely was not one of the worst decisions. It was even suggested that we'd recommend that no solutions be released at all, which obviously meant to combat the release of bold routes, not let's plays. Thinking of it from this other angle, don't you think the staff found a decent compromise? I also think that the suggestion for CCLP3 created more interest in people actually finishing the set soon after it had been released, so in my view it was easily a net positive.

I speculate that Chip will not die in the story of CCLP1, even though he routinely does that in the actual levels.
Well, maybe it was not that bad, except that today there are barely any solutions for some levels, apart from two TWS files.

CCLP1 Speculation - quiznos00 - 04-Feb-2014

Quote:Well, maybe it was not that bad, except that today there are barely any solutions for some levels, apart from two TWS files.
I don't think that rule is the reason for lack of CCLP3 AVIs. Plus, there are Let's Plays on Youtube that show the solutions quite slowly and clearly. But the TWS files are quite complete and should not be ignored as a legitimate walkthrough tool.

CCLP1 Speculation - BigOto2 - 04-Feb-2014

A bit off topic now, but I might as well say that my issue with the rule came in when people not in the community on YouTube were expected to follow it. On official CC fan websites such as Pieguy's site, etc. I can understand for the purposes of not having solutions for a while there, but trying to keep the whole web clean doesn't make sense as people would be unlikely to stumble across a solution without being able to avoid it's spoilers. Anyway, I do think we should move this discussion to a CCLP3 or general CC location as an answer has already been confirmed in the case of CCLP1. I didn't mean to hijack it in my comment to the sky that I removed anyway. Slight smile

CCLP1 Speculation - IceyLava108 - 04-Feb-2014

I speculate that I won't play CCLP1 before it releases.

CCLP1 Speculation - random 8 - 05-Feb-2014

Quote:It definitely was not one of the worst decisions. It was even suggested that we'd recommend that no solutions be released at all, which obviously meant to combat the release of bold routes, not let's plays.

"obviously"?

Quote:That wasn't because of optimization at all, it was to encourage people to solve the set without relying on walkthroughs.

-----

I speculate this thread will die by the time CCLP1 gets released.

CCLP1 Speculation - BigOto2 - 05-Feb-2014

I speculate that this thread will live past the time when CCLP1 gets released, but it will die multiple times in the interim and then get bumped.

CCLP1 Speculation - Flareon350 - 05-Feb-2014

I speculate there will be between 8 and 12 lesson levels in CCLP1.

CCLP1 Speculation - IceyLava108 - 05-Feb-2014

I speculate that the next person to post after me will use the verb "speculate".