CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
If it can't go anywhere else... - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: CC Zone Meta (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: If it can't go anywhere else... (/thread-1787.html)

Pages: 1 2

If it can't go anywhere else... - budugoo - 26-Aug-2013

I often get some stupid doubts, each of which merits no individual topic, but I can't post about it anywhere then. So I thought of creating one topic, where I could ask my questions without unnecessarily creating topics every time.

#1. I don't really understand the meaning of One star . Do you mean 1 star as in the lowest rating, or 1st Star as in the highest rating?

#2. If I've created a blog post or uploaded a file to the gallery (a Level of Pacman for Spyro and a couple of solutions, by the way Tongue) how am I supposed to ask for the award?

#3. I know I'm kinda repeating this, but is it possible to arrange the emoticons? This does seem like it's been dumped without any order...

#4. When I go to Awards and click on 'View awarded', it doesn't work but gets reset. Anybody noticed this?

#5. Is there any equation / algorithm for the Level column? Also, what is that EXP graph I can see on some people, but not on others?

#6. I know I'm kinda risking breaking the first two rules on CCZ, but "latroP s'pihC si tahW"?

#7. AdrenalinDragon is user no. 2. Who is user no. 1?

#8. How exactly is a topic determined to be 'HOT'? Does it require a certain amount of activity in a particular timeframe?

#9. Is there a limit to the bandwidth we can use? If so, what is it? Coz I can't view any images as "I've exceeded the bandwidth". When will this be reset?

If it can't go anywhere else... - jblewis - 26-Aug-2013

Quote:#1. I don't really understand the meaning of One star . Do you mean 1 star as in the lowest rating, or 1st Star as in the highest rating?

"One star" generally refers to the lowest rating given to a level upon evaluating it. For all the CCLP1 voters reading this, I hope you're aware that 1 is indeed the lowest rating, and 5 is the highest - not the other way around. Slight smile

If it can't go anywhere else... - random 8 - 26-Aug-2013

#2: Post in the Awards subforum (visible to members only). Usually you should create a new topic, but if there's a pre-existing related topic that isn't closed yet, you can post there instead.

#4: Hover your mouse over the link and a box will appear showing who's awarded. I don't know why it's clickable though.

#5: If you mean the level number to the left of each post, it generally increments 1 every 5 posts (not including those in the Games & Trivia subforum). I don't understand the EXP graph either.

#6:

[Click to Show Content]

#7: Probably this account.

If it can't go anywhere else... - IceyLava108 - 26-Aug-2013

The One star is an inside joke that originated from Tom that eventually led to the rest of the community using it frequently (common saying now by Trevor as well and in his LPs) and is used to indicate something that is ridiculous, a terrible thing, an extremely luck based level (this one's only related to CC, but the whole meaning expands to a lot of items including "one star movie" or something), etc.

Also, yes, the CC Zone account is user #1 and is used for some things such as giving out awards, posting extremely special topics (and was the case for April Fool's 2012), and a few others I probably don't remember.

If it can't go anywhere else... - mobius - 26-Aug-2013

if you have to ask for awards, why did I get this award "feed the teeth" without asking for it?

btw, shouldn't I have gotten the hammer/toolbox award because I joined the last April create competition? Or does that not count because it didn't get finished yet?

I want more competitions! I want more competitions! Tongue

If it can't go anywhere else... - random 8 - 26-Aug-2013

Quote:if you have to ask for awards, why did I get this award "feed the teeth" without asking for it?

Posting serves mainly to notify the moderating team (which would answer your second question as well).

If it can't go anywhere else... - Chipwoodstock - 26-Aug-2013

I have a question, when's the next competition? Also, for the "Pinky" achievement (Get 50,000 points on Ms. Pac-Man) if I use MAME to emulate Ms. Pac Man instead of the playing the flash game and upload the screencap, can that count?

If it can't go anywhere else... - AdrenalinDragon - 26-Aug-2013

Quote:I have a question, when's the next competition? Also, for the "Pinky" achievement (Get 50,000 points on Ms. Pac-Man) if I use MAME to emulate Ms. Pac Man instead of the playing the flash game and upload the screencap, can that count?

[Image: post-6399-Picard-Facepalm-H0QF.jpeg]

If it can't go anywhere else... - lookatthis - 27-Aug-2013

Quote:[Image: post-6399-Picard-Facepalm-H0QF.jpeg]

My thoughts exactly Slight smile

If it can't go anywhere else... - Chipwoodstock - 27-Aug-2013

Quote:[Image: post-6399-Picard-Facepalm-H0QF.jpeg]
I know i'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I really am confused. You don't have anything but a facepalm. As in a "Yes, of course, it's obvious right then and there" or "No, are you crazy to even THINK to do that?", so is it a yes or no? I am just a little curious, it was just a question! :<