CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Chess - Candidates tournament - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Chess - Candidates tournament (/thread-1957.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Chess - Candidates tournament - Flareon350 - 24-Mar-2013

Just let us know what this is actually gonna be happening so I can clear my schedule up Slight smile

Chess - Candidates tournament - rockdet - 24-Mar-2013

It's not fixed. You just come in whenever you can and play your move against your current opponent. Of course we should try to play it on the spot so the tourney advances quicker, especially with Round Robin, that's a grand total of 45 matches before even going to the brackets with 10 players in.

Chess - Candidates tournament - BlazingApollo - 24-Mar-2013

BlazingApollo is BlazingApollo, in almost evey part on the interwebz

Chess - Candidates tournament - Flareon350 - 24-Mar-2013

Quote:It's not fixed. You just come in whenever you can and play your move against your current opponent. Of course we should try to play it on the spot so the tourney advances quicker, especially with Round Robin, that's a grand total of 45 matches before even going to the brackets with 10 players in.

Oh okay that's a lot better for me then.

Chess - Candidates tournament - James - 25-Mar-2013

Gelfand just defeated Aronian to leave Carlsen alone in first...it's his tournament to lose now. (though you could have arguably said that before the tournament even started)

Chess - Candidates tournament - BigOto2 - 25-Mar-2013

I believe I can have the tournament up and ready by Thursday at the latest, so thanks for your patience guys. Slight smile

Chess - Candidates tournament - rockdet - 26-Mar-2013

No problem, Trevor. Thanks for setting this up, man Slight smile

Chess - Candidates tournament - BigOto2 - 26-Mar-2013

OK, I managed to get my premium membership earlier than expected and I have created the tournament. If you signed up here, log on to Chess.com and check your notifications in the upper right corner of the page (usually an orange box). If you can't find anything that looks like a tournament invite in your inbox, please let me know so I can add you.

It will automatically begin on Thursday around mid-day if everything goes as planned, but I can delay it as needed.

Chess - Candidates tournament - ajmiam - 26-Mar-2013

Ah, correspondence chess? Never played that before...I've played in lots of tournaments, all over the board games for me. I went ahead and joined the tourney just now, BTW.

Chess - Candidates tournament - BigOto2 - 26-Mar-2013

Update: I set the time per move to 1 move per 7 days, per Michael's request as he is unavailable around this weekend which would be longer than the 3 day time limit. Also, I don't want people to lose their games on time just because they don't have Internet or are busy for 3 days in a row. Please try to move faster when online, obviously, as we don't want it to continue for like 3 months. Slight smile