CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
JBLP2 - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Under Construction (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: JBLP2 (/thread-1969.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

JBLP2 - jblewis - 09-Mar-2013

I've been working on levels here and there for my next 100-level set, which is going to be called JBLP2. So far, I've released one preview of a level, specifically a blue wall maze in the design of a real QR code! Check it out here:

[Image: tn_gallery_20_2_231553.jpg]

You can expect to most likely see most of my Create entries for the days to come in this set too, and I'll be using this thread to post more previews as time goes on. Do you have any ideas that you'd like to see me attempt to build? The only stipulation is that everything must be Lynx-compatible - pedantic Lynx preferred. Slight smile

JBLP2 - Flareon350 - 09-Mar-2013

Glad to see this set being in production J.B.! I'm guessing this one is going to be slightly more difficult than JBLP1?

As for ideas, I remember you mentioned a 7x7 level concept idea as one of the create competitions for last year but it never happened. Maybe you can pull it off in this set? Slight smile

JBLP2 - M11k4 - 09-Mar-2013

My first thought is I want to see Run of the Mill again (JL1 #42), and I think you said you'd make an easier version of it. Other things that come to mind are your take on a cypher level and what about a jumble level with throwbacks to your own levels?

Quote:Glad to see this set being in production J.B.! I'm guessing this one is going to be slightly more difficult than JBLP1?

As for ideas, I remember you mentioned a 7x7 level concept idea as one of the create competitions for last year but it never happened. Maybe you can pull it off in this set? Slight smile

I made a 7x7 level for JBLP1 ("Breathing Room"), but there will be a 9x9 level in this set, which I'll be submitting as a secondary entry for this month's Create Competition.

Quote:My first thought is I want to see Run of the Mill again (JL1 #42), and I think you said you'd make an easier version of it. Other things that come to mind are your take on a cypher level and what about a jumble level with throwbacks to your own levels?

I'll see what I can do. Slight smile

JBLP2 - Flareon350 - 09-Mar-2013

Quote:

I made a 7x7 level for JBLP1 ("Breathing Room"), but there will be a 9x9 level in this set, which I'll be submitting as a secondary entry for this month's Create Competition.

Oh lol I didn't notice Tongue well your take on a cypher would be interesting to see actually, as well as a jumble styled one. I hope to see a Scavenger Hunt style level in this set. Thumbs up

I've actually been hoping to do a Scavenger Hunt level, but I'd prefer to do it only if it's something interesting. For this set, I'm trying to avoid (at least for the most part) doing levels that are obviously supposed to resemble or remind players of levels they've played. I'll see what I can do, though. Slight smile

JBLP2 - jblewis - 12-Apr-2013

For those who are curious, here are a few titles of levels I'm planning to make for this set:

- Tilefish

- Five Shades of Grey

- Goofy Golf

- Forward Thinker

- Electric Fence

- Don't Forget to Remember

- Exit Wounds

- Randomonium

- Marching Orders

- Jungle Fever

- The Cold Boot

- Patent Pending

JBLP2 - jblewis - 01-Sep-2013

It's been a while since I've posted a level preview - here's another one called "Zero Degrees."

[Image: oUOs0ky.jpg]

JBLP2 - M11k4 - 02-Sep-2013

Looks nice. Just wondering, I expect you have some level ideas that turn into levels that aren't that great, are too hard, or otherwise don't fit into JBLP2. What do you plan on doing with those?

JBLP2 - jblewis - 09-Dec-2013

Probably archiving them for potential revamping once I've had some time away from them. Slight smile

I haven't posted a preview in a little while, so here's a new one I put together yesterday.

[Image: tn_gallery_20_2_182136.jpg]