CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Levels busted in Lynx. - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Level Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Levels busted in Lynx. (/thread-2071.html)

Pages: 1 2

Levels busted in Lynx. - Lessinath - 18-Oct-2012

So I'm trying to find any levels busted in Lynx, so that I may figure out why it's busted so that I can better prevent them in my own levels.

Do you know of any?

I've found a few, like 2.001 (time of 348 in lynx / 347 in MS) but so far they've also been busted in MS.

Levels busted in Lynx. - IceyLava108 - 18-Oct-2012

Zartacla (2.135)

(The hot block guarding the exit can be slapped)

Levels busted in Lynx. - Markus - 19-Oct-2012

Remember to check the wiki! Monster lab (1.045) and Billiards (3.083) are the other official levels busted in lynx.

Levels busted in Lynx. - M11k4 - 19-Oct-2012

Nice catch on A Fleeting Memory!

In my experience the three main things that could bust a level in lynx but not ms are block slapping, monsters colliding differently, and maybe tanks moving after they are no longer blocked. Very rarely would you expect to see something like erasing a blue key winning you time. There are time savers in lynx that don't appear in ms (speaking mainly of CCLP3), but most of the time those don't really qualify as busts. For some interesting cases, take a look at levels #63, #87, #133 in CCLP3. For a list of levels in the official sets that actually are faster in lynx and ms, check the wiki.

If you manage to avoid any ms busts, you've gone a long way. Slight smile

Levels busted in Lynx. - Flareon350 - 19-Oct-2012

Quote:Remember to check the wiki! Monster lab (1.045) and Billiards (3.083) are the other official levels busted in lynx.

How is Billiards busted in Lynx?

Levels busted in Lynx. - Lessinath - 19-Oct-2012

Quote:Remember to check the wiki! Monster lab (1.045) and Billiards (3.083) are the other official levels busted in lynx.

I'm also looking at custom sets, which are (sadly) not listed on the wiki. I think doing so would get people to start using the wiki more, personally, even though it'd be quite a feat to get a large number of sets there.

Quote:How is Billiards busted in Lynx?

You can use the hint tiles to your advantage and save time.

Quote:I'm also looking at custom sets, which are (sadly) not listed on the wiki. I think doing so would get people to start using the wiki more, personally, even though it'd be quite a feat to get a large number of sets there.

I think there should be a whole new wiki specifically for custom sets. But that's just my opinion.

Levels busted in Lynx. - Lessinath - 19-Oct-2012

I think that's probably a better idea, now that you mention it. But this is a topic worthy of a new thread, if we wish to continue this discussion.

Levels busted in Lynx. - random 8 - 19-Oct-2012

Quote:I think there should be a whole new wiki specifically for custom sets. But that's just my opinion.
I say keep it all on the current wiki.

Quote:I think that's probably a better idea, now that you mention it. But this is a topic worthy of a new thread, if we wish to continue this discussion.

I'd be willing to discuss this in a new thread.

Quote:I say keep it all on the current wiki.

Well I would too, except the current wiki is mainly for the 3 official sets and gives more in depth detail about every mechanic and such about CC. A new wiki about custom sets, would be just about levels and the differences between MS and Lynx rulesets. Possibly gives bold time solutions too, if we really want to extend this.