CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
CI discussion - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Under Construction (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: CI discussion (/thread-2072.html)

CI discussion - random 8 - 15-Oct-2012

I'm putting this set out unfinished because I don't know if I'll ever finish it. I estimate the next addition of levels to be months from now.

Discuss any problems, suggestions, or anything related to the set here.

EDIT: Should probably link to the download here: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/163-consistent-inconsistency/

CI discussion - random 8 - 25-Nov-2012

Added six new levels and...various other changes! Feel free to talk about any of them, including the not-so-secret secret solution to #22.

CI discussion - random 8 - 06-Dec-2012

Another not-as-major major update. Now there's another level with a secret solution Wink.

EDIT: #10 now solvable. Heheheh, whoops.

EDIT 2: A few more minor edits. New "level" and cypher has changed.

CI discussion - random 8 - 13-Apr-2013

More levels, yay! Most of the new levels are create competition submissions, but a few of them have been modified for this set.

I wonder how long this topic will show on the home page before it disappears into oblivion again.... (EDIT: slightly over 32 hours, apparently.)

CI discussion - random 8 - 12-Aug-2013

No updates yet, but one is (probably) coming soon. In the meantime, a preview for a new level: http://imageshack.us/a/img835/6656/y6sp.png.

EDIT: more recent image:

[Image: upf5.png]

EDIT 2: Changed the link to an embedded image. I don't know why i didn't do this in the first place. Also lol editing a post 2 years later.

CI discussion - random 8 - 12-Mar-2014

11 months since the last update and only 1 new level (kinda). Chip Win

Future reference for update 1.4.0:
  • NOTE: The TWS files are NOT being updated in this release or future 1.4 releases because I'm too lazy busy at the moment.
  • DiamondZZZzzzz.......: changed time limit from untimed to 100
  • Friendly Fire: added two water tiles at [15,8] and [19,8]
  • Impedance: modified teeth's path insignificantly
  • Two Sets of Rules Continued: replaced a couple rooms, rearranged a few, and modified most of the rest; modified hint
  • Two Rules: Extras: added more rejects from Two Sets of Rules Continued; removed some redundancies (there are still redundancies, but they'll disappear if i think of new ideas for #6; hint tile got removed in the process, so i removed the hint text as well)
  • Flipside: modified MS route, plus a few other minor changes; awkward addendum to hint text
  • Typical Hollywood Christmas: changed [4,30] from block on water to water on floor
  • Bricks: removed all sockets that were under blocks
  • Ruined Canal: removed all chips that were under blocks; removed clone button on the bridge; changed hint text and removed recessed wall next to hint tile; small aesthetic changes
  • Guacamole: decreased chip count by 2
  • The Big Crunch: prevented teleport loop by changing [30,29] from ice corner to west force floor (Lynx) and placing bomb at [20,31] (MS); replaced some bombs (cheap deaths) with ice and teleports
  • Hardball: modified south section to remove MS/Lynx-esque component
  • To Accidentally a Level: edited hint text
  • Circulus in Probando: edited hint text; removed extra clone buttons in SW corner (editor still recommended for that section; i intend to redo it before the next update)
  • Transmogrifier: Prototype: added spaces in hint text
  • Blue Waffle: added hint; moved force floors
  • RANDOMNESS!: rewrote hint text
  • A Game of Labyrinth: rebuilt timing mechanism in NW; removed toggle wall "locking" mechanism; moved re-entry point and teeth cloner to top of labyrinth; added force floor loops and blue buttons; changed key color from blue to green
  • Deterministic Finite-State Automaton: optimized "input" mechanism; improved security; removed recessed wall at [28,4]
  • Teratophobia: rebuilt starting section to remove blob challenge; rewrote hint text; added teeth monster to "exterior", extra block and gravel to bug/paramecium section, and force floors by the exit; replaced clone button at [29,26] with fire and fire at [28,20] with east thin wall
  • Unfinished: replaced with starting section from Teratophobia

Quote:yeah yeah yeah no one cares I know but anyway

EDIT: Completely forgot about the level previewed in the previous post. Fail

EDIT 2: k added

CI discussion - random 8 - 23-Aug-2014

[Image: gallery_112_2_328.png]

Should i go with "Impartial Post" or "Full Post"?

CI discussion - Flareon350 - 23-Aug-2014

I'd say Full Post.

I don't know if I'm right but I think there's a level with the title "Impartial Post" already but I'm not 100% sure.

CI discussion - random 8 - 28-May-2015

So i went with Impartial Post because i think it fits better, even though another level already has that title. Tongue

Anyway, set's updated. Ideally i wanted to post this at least 48 hours before CC2 was released, but that didn't work out. You may need HLNP for getting past Null.

Update notes:

Quote:Another amalgamation of edits! This is "-1" because i'm rushing to get this out ASAP, preferably before CC2 releases though i guess that's not happening. 1.5.0 will just give the levels a proper order and update the level notes in the readme.

Dump time:

TWO SETS OF RULES CONTINUED - condensed a couple rooms to make room for another; increased chip count to accomodate new room; modified a few other rooms
TWO RULES: EXTRAS - removed more redundant rooms, added a few new ones
FLIPSIDE - renamed back to FLIP-SIDE-UP and split into 2 levels; extended version renamed to FLIP-SIDE-UP: Extended Version
BRICKS - changed time limit back to 60
3D LOGIC mini-series - 2 new levels, several changes to other 2
THE BIG CRUNCH - made walk through ball clock in upper left (and thus the bug room) optional
CIRCULUS IN PROBANDO - changed SW room: more buttons, no connections
DANCE DANCE CHIPOLUTION - changed a couple toggle walls and the hint text
SUCK A BUN - deleted because CC2 is available now

13 new levels:
- 1 is from the FLIPSIDE split
- 2 are remakes of existing levels (original Team Aqua Hideout by Flareon350)
- 2 are MS ports from CC3D
- 2 are 3D Logic levels
- 5 are competition levels (4 in create comps, 1 as a TT level)
- 1 is an original creation (not including any comp levels)