CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Stupid cooks. - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Stupid cooks. (/thread-2153.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Stupid cooks. - Lessinath - 06-Aug-2012

It would not have happened if I had not been attempting to optimize it. It doesn't happen when you're trying to beat the level normally.

Stupid cooks. - Lessinath - 10-Aug-2012

Yep, this is a double post. Totally worth it, because of this:

[Image: d3nWX.png]

It doesn't look so bad, until you realize you need to get a block through that.

Stupid cooks. - Lessinath - 07-Sep-2012

It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

[Image: GRFVv.png]

Stupid cooks. - IceyLava108 - 07-Sep-2012

Quote:It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

I must fix that. Because this cook is *priceless*. What are the odds of this? One in a million?

LOL. Nice one.

Stupid cooks. - ajmiam - 07-Sep-2012

Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...

But still, that's pretty ridiculous what happened there. Was this bad luck or did you let this happen on purpose?

Stupid cooks. - Lessinath - 07-Sep-2012

Yes, I could have salvaged it with some luck if I was not busy laughing my arse off.

It was pure, random, dumb luck.

Stupid cooks. - Flareon350 - 09-Sep-2012

Quote:It's been almost a month with no posts in this thread? Slight frown

WOW. Just. Wow.

This is seriously amazing stuff. Nothing can beat this. Thumbs up

Stupid cooks. - KeyboardWielder - 09-Sep-2012

Quote:Couldn't you hurry up and push the block up 1 space to prevent the fireball from drowning, then press the brown button yourself to release the blob, and hope it wanders into the water or out of the room without colliding with you or the fireball? The level may not be cooked yet...
Quote:Yes, I could have salvaged it with some luck if I was not busy laughing my arse off.
But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.

Stupid cooks. - Lessinath - 09-Sep-2012

Quote:But it still wasn't guaranteed to be cooked...

Surely you tried releasing the blob, hoping that it would wander onto the trap button?

(And even if not, there was still one blob spare...)

And would perfect co-operation from a blob be able to beat the bold route?

- Madhav.

No, I was too busy laughing. So when the fireball hit the trap button it moved left and down and then meandered around for a moment and killed me.

Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.

Stupid cooks. - pillowpc2001 - 09-Sep-2012

Quote:Someone should test if this can beat the bold route on a derandomized setup.

I don't think it would...it only takes 8 extra steps to get the block into position (as opposed to heading straight to the trap), and the blob wouldn't be able to follow Chip and hit the button quicker than that... Unless you have to wait a while for the fireball to come back around (I'm not familiar with the timing of the bold route), but it still seems like the blob would still be slower... How long had you been in the final room before the blob made it to the trap?