CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? (/thread-2280.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? - AdrenalinDragon - 26-Mar-2012

Would we see a Jurassic Park, or would they be wild and out of control? What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind having a pet Dinosaur. Tongue

If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? - BitBuster - 26-Mar-2012

I tend to think that humans would have hunted them into near-extinction a long time ago, sort of like bison. Hence, you'd only see them in zoos or in national parks.

That said, it would definitely be awesome to have a pet stegosaurus. Shame that you'd have to be pretty rich in order to afford the cost of food...

If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? - geodave - 26-Mar-2012

^ This.

But we might keep the smaller ones as pets.

The story of King George and the Dragon could be true -- we might have just killed them all.....

I can imagine all the mishaps that might occur when Junior decides to take his pet T Rex into school for show & tell.

Heck, my wife catches flack if she brings in a mildly venomous reptile.

She's a teacher?

I think the flying dinosaurs would be pretty cool to have around. On the other hand, it might take away from some of the childish simplicity of pointing up at the sky and proclaiming, "Airpwane!" (sic).

If Dinosaurs roamed the Earth now? - AdrenalinDragon - 26-Mar-2012

Quote:I think the flying dinosaurs would be pretty cool to have around. On the other hand, it might take away from some of the childish simplicity of pointing up at the sky and proclaiming, "Airpwane!" (sic).

Can you really see kids owning Dinosaurs? The bullies would get killed because the kid will bring in his Dinosaur and eat them. Tongue

Quote:Can you really see kids owning Dinosaurs? The bullies would get killed because the kid will bring in his Dinosaur and eat them. Tongue

Darn, you're starting to make me wish I had a dinosaur when I was a kid!

(Sort of like the Calvin & Hobbes comic where Calvin takes Hobbes to school so that Hobbes can eat the kids who're picking on Calvin.)

"who're" is an interesting contraction...especially since it's so common online for people to forget their apostrophes.

I'm fond of double contractions: things like "i'd've." Anyway, I don't think "who're" is used frequently enough that I've seen that particular typo...maybe it's just the sorts of circles I post in.