CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
300 posts! - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: 300 posts! (/thread-2358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

300 posts! - BigOto2 - 24-Mar-2012

Marriage is a product of love, and it doesn't matter who two people are involved unless one is too young to understand the concept of marriage (which is usually under 18 in my opinion). Legalizing gay rights is just the same as banning segregation.

300 posts! - BitBuster - 24-Mar-2012

I agree completely about the segregation point. I'm not so sure about the "too young" thing (we've been through this before, though I'd be happy to get into it again!).

And I don't think that marriage is a product of love. Relationships are a product of love. Marriage just puts two names on a form and allows for tax breaks and other minor legal benefits.

300 posts! - rockdet - 25-Mar-2012

Quote:This is my 326th post; just as special as my 300th, 400th, 500th and so on.

Mmm something tells me you don't think like that, just by how you treat your YouTube subscriber count.

Also relationships aren't necessarily a product of love. I've seen many relationships based around the sole concept of having sex and lemme tell you the partners could have been replaced any time. Love brings relationships, but forget the other way around.

300 posts! - jblewis - 25-Mar-2012

Relationships based on mutual love and/or respect are the ones that can last, much more so than sex-based relationships or ones based on circumstance (doing some activity together, etc.).

300 posts! - BitBuster - 25-Mar-2012

I'm not sure about that. Sometimes I think that people stay together more because of circumstances than because of affection.

What I meant was that if the circumstances were taken away in such a scenario, the relationship would most likely not last. For instance, I had a lot of friends in college with whom I spent a lot of time, but that time was spent because we just happened to be in the same place. Once we parted ways, we never really kept in touch much. It was only with the close friends with whom I had developed friendships based on much more that I was able to maintain a relationship and "pick up where we left off" when we saw each other after graduation.

...well, that's true. But if the circumstances are reliable enough...

I'm not saying that that's a good thing. I knew a lot of people who stuck out their marriages out of convenience. All the same...

All I'm postulating is the question of whether or not that's the best thing, though. Slight smile I'd rather have a solid foundation of friendship and mutual love first.

Oh, well, I'm not entirely convinced that being single isn't ultimately better. I guess it depends on whether you're considering the probability of finding someone you actually love (versus all the people you try out but reject or are rejected by, for one reason or another), as well as what, exactly, you want out of it...

I dunno. I'm just speculating based on what I've seen.

300 posts! - AdrenalinDragon - 25-Mar-2012

Quote:Oh, well, I'm not entirely convinced that being single isn't ultimately better. I guess it depends on whether you're considering the probability of finding someone you actually love (versus all the people you try out but reject or are rejected by, for one reason or another), as well as what, exactly, you want out of it...

I dunno. I'm just speculating based on what I've seen.

I guess it really depends on how high your standards are. Then again, alot of the girls in my country are loose and "out of control". Unamused