CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
JCCLP - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Under Construction (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: JCCLP (/thread-2364.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 15-Feb-2012

Josh's

Chip's

Challenge

Level

Pack

This is my latest project of the CC World! This level pack of mine, will include the many levels from my 3 levelsets (JoshL1, JoshL2, and JoshL3) that I think have a lot of potential! There will also be many new levels that have never been seen before from me! (I will TRY to minimuize the lineary of these new ones)

This set is not for CCLP1 voting, however, I will consider it for the voting of the future CCLP4. The planned total amount of levels will be 149. It won't range in difficulty (meaning the difficulty doesn't increase, it's completely randomized)

I might also make these new levels into a separate levelset titled JoshL4 but who knows Slight smile

There will most likely be a storyline to go along with it as well. I am currently working on it, as I have a really good idea for one!

More information (and maybe screenshots) coming soon!

-Flareon350 Flareon

JCCLP - Green Kitten - 15-Feb-2012

JCCLP! Interesting... it's always fun to release a 'best of' set. Smiley

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 02-Mar-2012

Progress update! First 16 levels have been completed!

So far:

-10 new levels

-2 levels from JoshL1 (both slightly modified)

-3 levels from JoshL2 (all slightly modified)

-1 level from JoshL3 (remained the same)

First 10 levels are relatively easy, but still hold a good challenge in them Slight smile

JCCLP - rockdet - 04-Mar-2012

Frozen Labyrinth Thumbs up

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 05-Mar-2012

Course this one's getting added at some point Tongue

JCCLP - AdrenalinDragon - 05-Mar-2012

Please include a CCX file, and I'm guessing it's going to be Lynx compatible. Right?

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 05-Mar-2012

Quote:Please include a CCX file, and I'm guessing it's going to be Lynx compatible. Right?

I plan to include a CCX file, telling which level came from what set, including if a level is brand new.

And yes it will be Lynx compatible Slight smile

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 06-Mar-2012

Version 1 is up for download!

JCCLP - Hornlitz - 09-Mar-2012

Alright. Here's some feedback:

Start Off: This would be a good tutorial level 1. I like how you use more time than most tutorial levels. A hint might be needed though.

Lockster: Another level perfectly suitable for a tutorial. A hint would probably be necessary again.

Flow with the traffic: It was a pretty fun level. It reminded me of Vortex from CC1.

Boot Basics: A great boot tutorial. Again, a hint should be there.

Recess Test: I enjoyed this level. It's easy to screw yourself, but it's a really short level, so it doesn't really matter.

Trick Trap: Great level for CCLP1. Fully encompasses the traps. I loved it.

Button Control: A great button level. Definitely CCLP1 worthy.

Total Randomness: Great level even with randomness in it. Again, it's definitely CCLP1 worthy.

Shifting Walls and Directions: The Partial Post in it really made the level better. A good wall tutorial too.

Chip Grove City: Nice Itemswapper! Aside from me getting a pink ball in the face unexpectedly, I had a great time beating the level.

History in Action: THANK YOU for making the blob section better. And again, nice job with the partial post.

Teleswapper: Very reminiscent of Sampler. It was a great level too. I love these kinds of levels.

Strolling: The suction part at the end would be better at the beginning, but it's still a great level as is.

Survival Skills: I appear to have a soft spot for partial posts. It made the level so much more awesome for me.

Industrial Site: I disapprove. It was a good level, except for the bit at the beginning. It's almost necessary to look into the editor.

The Furnace: WALKER RAGE!!!!! Aside from that, I loved the level. The aesthetics really fit the title.

Shades of Blue: Heart this level. Even if the level is just a blue wall maze, the blue everywhere made the level awesome.

Volleyball: The time limit may be a little strict, but it's nothing too bad. It's pretty creative too.

Compaction: My JoshL3 video has my opinion on the level. (which if you don't remember, I loved the idea and the level)

Traveler: I was quite tired when I did this level, and so I was only half paying attention, yet I still could beat it. In other words, it's a very linear level, and I like it.

Hydroxen: Mazes have never been my favorite, so I didn't like this one that much, but It was good for a maze level. Also, Arbitrary gliders FTW.

Toggle Lock Factory: I really had fun with this one. The pink balls really added to the fun.

Obvious Blocks: A hint saying that you needed to push all the blocks down the suction at once would have been useful, but I suppose it's kind of obvious. Or you could make it window shoppable. But overall, I like the level.

Teeth slide: These levels are ok, but the teeth endlessly sliding was awesome. Perfect for CCLP1.

The Gold Mine: Another great level. Key conservation is generally a good concept.

Waterflies: Even though I didn't like Fireflies, I liked this one. It just had a totally different feel, which was better.

Bomb Arc: It annoyed me a bit at the end, but it wasn't bad. It was a creative puzzle.

Out of Order: Could you not at least have made it where it was window shoppable? Or put a hint somewhere? Otherwise, it's a good level.

Challenging Memory: It wasn't actually very challenging, but for a beginner it would be. It's a good level.

Mud Pit: I like these levels. Kind of reminded me of Spooks. This would be great for CCLP1.

So yeah. Basically, you're officially my second favorite designer Tongue

JCCLP - Flareon350 - 09-Mar-2012

Quite a few of those levels have hints already, such as Start Off and Obvious Blocks Tongue

I will add hints to Lockster, Boot Basics, and the others you recommended. Also what do you mean with the window shoppable part of Out of Order?

Quote:History in Action: THANK YOU for making the blob section better.

Lol it was highly demanded Tongue your welcome!

I guess I should consider this set for CCLP1 when I finish it...I don't think that would be fair to the community though, considering then I would have 4 level sets in the voting. Teeth

Also progress update! 37 levels total now, including everyone's favorite Thumbs up