CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
How important is the title of a level? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: How important is the title of a level? (/thread-2421.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

How important is the title of a level? - rockdet - 21-Mar-2013

OK Guys update: I decided to go ahead and clean up a bit the title bank. I put all the claimed ones at the top of every list, so it's easier to see what's taken and what's not. (Another way to clean it up for the eye would be to bold the claims, but I don't have time to do those tests, perhaps you could help out there?)

I'm also going to eventually publish some of my title ideas since I'll never make enough levels to clear it all, but of course expect me to keep all my best ones Tongue

How important is the title of a level? - rockdet - 03-Apr-2013

Quick question: is "An Epic of Time Wasted" a title somewhere? I seem to recall seeing something like that and I really want to use it in Gamma.

How important is the title of a level? - jblewis - 03-Apr-2013

Not that I know of - though I plan to make a level called "Waste of Time" at some point. Slight smile

I do remember it being an Avenged Sevenfold song. I don't like making titles after songs or book/movie titles, but that one sounds too good for me to let it pass.

How important is the title of a level? - Flareon350 - 03-Apr-2013

Quote:I don't like making titles after songs or book/movie titles, but that one sounds too good for me to let it pass.

It does indeed. I don't recall seeing that title anywhere so I say use it Slight smile

How important is the title of a level? - random 8 - 03-Apr-2013

Quote:Quick question: is "An Epic of Time Wasted" a title somewhere? I seem to recall seeing something like that and I really want to use it in Gamma.

Just because someone used that level title doesn't mean you can't.

How important is the title of a level? - Flareon350 - 03-Apr-2013

That's called stealing isn't it? That's how I see it at least, so maybe Rock sees it that way as well. I could be wrong though.

The only time I use other people's level titles is when I didn't know beforehand.

How important is the title of a level? - jblewis - 03-Apr-2013

Even if two people did use the same title, I'd say the real indicator of quality is just how appropriate the title fits into the level's content. If a second person using the same title manages to do something different with it than what the first person did, then that's great.

My point of view is not exactly stealing but more originality. I am authentic, I like to have unique ideas and I'd like to remain unique in that sense. I'm not saying that I won't accidentally make a level with a title that already exists (I have 2 or 3 so far) but I'm trying to help it whenever I can.

How important is the title of a level? - lookatthis - 30-Jul-2013

A majority of my level names came from games, TV shows, Artists, education, etc. Others were just thought of on the spot.