CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Under Construction (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] (/thread-2423.html)

Pages: 1 2

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Flareon350 - 16-Jan-2012

Hello everyone. I am here posting this to inform that I will be making a levelset (possibly titled JoshL4) that will be mainly focused on the use of the ice block, which I'm sure everyone is aware of.

Anyway, I plan to have around 60 levels in this set, with every level having at least 1 ice block that must be used. I don't know if the ice block can be used in Lynx mode, if not the set will obviously not be Lynx-compatible. As soon as this is confirmed, I might make the set have invalid tiles too. I don't plan this set to be considered for any future CCLP anyways.

Post your guy's thoughts! Feedback is highly appreciated!

Flareon 350

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - M11k4 - 17-Jan-2012

The ice block has not been implemented into Lynx.

If you're going to make a full set of 149 levels with ice blocks you'll soon notice that they aren't that different from normal blocks. You'll have to use their distinct abilities in all levels that you include them in or you might as well use normal blocks :-) Of course you have a few of those to play with, so maybe you'll be fine, and if you're going to make a non-lynx set anyway, might as well include any levels with invalid tiles you come up with, even if they don't always use the ice block.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the ice blocks distinct properties are:

-any number of ice blocks can be pushed at once in a row

-tanks and teeth can push ice blocks

-pushing an ice block onto dirt clears the dirt

-pushing an ice block into water changes it to ice

-pushing an ice block into fire changes it to water

-pressing several cloning buttons connected to an ice block cloner clones that many ice blocks

-an ice block looks different than a normal block :-)

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - BigOto2 - 17-Jan-2012

I would recommend scaling that down to 50 levels or so, given that ice blocks don't really do all that much. There would need to be a lot more new elements implemented, in my opinion, to really get 149 levels out of it unless you are extremely dedicated.

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - geodave - 17-Jan-2012

I thought the ice block was available in Lynx, but no, it's just available for TW ms. It would probably be possible, if SOMEONE wanted to program it.

It's about time someone did something like this. The ice block levels I have played did not really explore it very well.

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - KeyboardWielder - 17-Jan-2012

A very evil version / sequel of OFNT could be made using ice blocks. Not just because a frog can push them, but also because ice plays an important role throughout the level, and having to figure out where it needed to be made would be an added challenge. But who would want such an artificially difficult level anyway?

- Madhav.

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Cyther - 17-Jan-2012

Well, I would have to agree with BigOto here, I wouldn't make it so long, keep it short, and I have an idea about one of the levels, you can push the ice block to a place where you can't push, then you have a long route (detour) filled with obsticles and eventually when you get to it, you oush the ice block in where you have trap buttons and Force floors keeping the ice block to hitting the buttons, and that can be the level... so what do you think? o:

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - geodave - 17-Jan-2012

Quote:Well, I would have to agree with BigOto here, I wouldn't make it so long, keep it short, and I have an idea about one of the levels, you can push the ice block to a place where you can't push, then you have a long route (detour) filled with obsticles and eventually when you get to it, you oush the ice block in where you have trap buttons and Force floors keeping the ice block to hitting the buttons, and that can be the level... so what do you think? o:

How is that different than a regular block?

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Flareon350 - 17-Jan-2012

Quote:I would recommend scaling that down to 50 levels or so, given that ice blocks don't really do all that much. There would need to be a lot more new elements implemented, in my opinion, to really get 149 levels out of it unless you are extremely dedicated.

Hmmm your right about that...the ice block doesn't do THAT much to be worthy of a 149 levelset. I'll narrow it down to around 50-60 levels. 70 at the most.

I'm gonna need a tester for this set BTW. I can't successfully patch the ice block into my game Slight frown

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Lessinath - 17-Jan-2012

How do you get ice blocks for tile world 2? Mine doesn't seem to support it.

Josh's Ice Block Set [JoshL4?] - Flareon350 - 18-Jan-2012

Quote:How do you get ice blocks for tile world 2? Mine doesn't seem to support it.

I don't think it's been programmed to Tile World 2 yet....

As of now, I'm working on level 7 of this set.