CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Impossible levelset - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Level Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Impossible levelset (/thread-2463.html)

Pages: 1 2

Impossible levelset - Lessinath - 10-Jan-2012

Alright, so it's up now.

None of the levels are REALLY impossible, it just may not be possible to humanly beat them. Although I actually think that Mesocyclone would be a good CCLP4 level.

The first level is just a lobby with a hint warning you what you're about to get into... These levels are not even remotely fair, although I personally think the last level of TomP3 is harder then Walker Rage Hard Mode is.

I can beat 7 of these 8 levels (not counting the "lobby"), with the 5th being the only one I actually cannot beat.

2: Walker Rage Hard Mode: This is actually the easier version, with four of five walker cloners disconnected. Also, the walls are made of chips, so it turns into complete and total insane madness after a short period of time. On top of that, you still need those annoying blocks.

And there are teeth in the level now too. Teeth

3: Stupid Blob Cloners.Stupid blob cloners. Good luck. There are extra chips. It's not that hard if you're really lucky. I'm not. Blob

4: Gnawing 2: It's Gnawing, just harder. Teeth

5: The Depths: There are more teeth this time. It took me four hours of trying, but I beat this level.

6: Escape the Nuée Ardente: I think this level is, quite honestly, is the hardest CC level I've ever designed or had the misfortune of trying to play. It's Joyride with destructive obstacles taken to its logical extreme. I can get to the second to last horizontal hallway. Unfortunately, it's aproximately as fun as "bloblake" without the occasional bits of humor, so I doubt anyone will stick through this long enough to beat it. I didn't.

7: Mesocyclone: If you don't know what a mesocyclone is, don't ask. Oh, you mean the level? I find this a fun and challenging level, and while it lacks most of the fake difficulty of the previous levels there is the occasional screw that you can't readily anticipate. I couldn't find another set to put this in, so I put it here just so it would have a home. The gliders will kill you at least once in a way you cannot anticipate. Glider

8: Slide: Slide around. Push blocks. Don't get crushed. Find the exit. Chip WinIts difficulty comes from its length, so your milage many vary on if this one is actually hard or not.

9: Nightmare: This level was a lot more complex and about 5 times harder then the one you see here, but some of the mechanics were experements and just didn't work properly. I made it work properly, but it was at the cost of making it a LOT easier then the original one. Unfortunately, including a level that just didn't work was something I wanted to avoid.

Impossible levelset - James - 10-Jan-2012

Quote:it just may not be possible to humanly beat them.

Quote:I can beat 7 of these 8 levels

Raised eyebrow

Impossible levelset - AdrenalinDragon - 10-Jan-2012

They do look pretty hard, but Mesocyclone looks like a CCLP like level. Most of them look like they could eventually be done, so I'm interested in hearing which one you haven't done.

Quote: Raised eyebrow

I lost a LOT of sanity doing it, relax. Humanly beating it implies you keep all your sanity.

Quote:They do look pretty hard, but Mesocyclone looks like a CCLP like level. Most of them look like they could eventually be done, so I'm interested in hearing which one you haven't done.

Escape the Nuée Ardente, the long joyride like one.

Impossible levelset - James - 10-Jan-2012

Quote:I lost a LOT of sanity doing it, relax. Humanly beating it implies you keep all your sanity.

Challenge accepted Thumbs up

Quote:Challenge accepted Thumbs up

A fully complete TWS would be excellent?

Hmm, this levelset might be worthy of a CC Zone award, but I'll see what James thinks of it first. Tongue

I'm not sure the difficulty between the levels is consistant enough, but that might be part of the fun.

Impossible levelset - jblewis - 10-Jan-2012

With a lot of ultra-difficult levels, some relief can be quite welcome. Wink

Quote:With a lot of ultra-difficult levels, some relief can be quite welcome. Wink

Agreed. A nice easy middle level may have been a good cooling point for this set. Other than that, looks pretty hard, even I'm having trouble with the Joyride like one surprisingly.