CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Bridge Master - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Level Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Bridge Master (/thread-2497.html)

Pages: 1 2

Bridge Master - quiznos00 - 06-Jan-2012

Bridge Master is level 20 of TS1, and literally all the times I received feedback of the set, people mentioned that they hate this level. But still, it's always held a special place in my heart and I refuse to remove it.

(you can see a map here if you don't have the set)

So my question, do you think it's an unfair level? All it is is one monster, no BS anywhere, that requires some knowledge and some skill to get it to do its job. The combination of simple tiles and the complexity of the route is part of the reason I like it. Would it not make a good candidate for a high CCLP4 level?

I NEED ANSWERS.

Bridge Master - jblewis - 06-Jan-2012

I like the concept, but at least to me, it's an example of a level that's [a] a bit too rigid and extends the concept for far too long, much like levels like "Rink" from the original game.

Levels that feature this idea in a more forgiving way are Wes Powers' "Follow Me" or Daniel Bouwmeester's "Pet Hate." No offense...but I guess I find these a bit more fun, mainly because I can move around more freely. Slight smile

Bridge Master - quiznos00 - 06-Jan-2012

Quote:I like the concept, but at least to me, it's an example of a level that's [a] a bit too rigid and extends the concept for far too long, much like levels like "Rink" from the original game.

Levels that feature this idea in a more forgiving way are Wes Powers' "Follow Me" or Daniel Bouwmeester's "Pet Hate." No offense...but I guess I find these a bit more fun, mainly because I can move around more freely. Slight smile

What can I say, I like taking things to the extreme Thumbs up

Also, seriously, it's STILL too long even after I shortened by from its TCCLP form by like 33%?

Bridge Master - Hornlitz - 06-Jan-2012

Oh Come on, I kind of like Bridgemaster.

I just agree with J.B. that it's a bit long for one concept, and it's really easy to mess up.

I made a level a few days ago (Partially Posted...) that has a tiny bit of this, nothing too hard, and it's right at the start pretty well. Concepts that last for too long in a level do get boring, and Bridgemaster can be one of them. Just a smaller section is good, unless the concept is really fun, which Bridgemaster's isn't the best in the world.

Bridge Master - rockdet - 07-Jan-2012

Well if only for the fact that there's only one way to do it and it requires perfection from the start, I don't think I'd like to see that in an official set, unless it was say 30 seconds-long-ish.

But that's only my opinion, and nowadays it tends to be refuted from every side, so I guess there's room for a debate.

Bridge Master - pillowpc2001 - 07-Jan-2012

I would have to agree with the consensus of it being a good concept, but a bit too much room for error...

Quote:Levels that feature this idea in a more forgiving way are Wes Powers' "Follow Me" or Daniel Bouwmeester's "Pet Hate." No offense...but I guess I find these a bit more fun, mainly because I can move around more freely. Slight smile

I also like Andrew B's "Labyrinth" - still some spots with not much room for error, but there's some opportunities where you can take a break...

Bridge Master - geodave - 07-Jan-2012

I've never played it, but I think it will be a good CCLP4 candidate, actually.

Bridge Master - AdrenalinDragon - 07-Jan-2012

It's a pretty good level, but the margin of error is quite low so it would have to be placed quite late in CCLP1 I think. CCLP4 definately gets in there.

Bridge Master - Lessinath - 07-Jan-2012

I feel the near perfection required for this level wouldn't make it fit for CCLP1, but it would be good for CCLP4.

Bridge Master - BigOto2 - 07-Jan-2012

I think such levels are very route-specific and COULD be used late in an official set such as CCLP4, but it is much easier for those who have practice with bold routes than those who don't, so it is iffy. I certainly don't hate the concept, it just requires 100% precision.