CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
How old are you? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Poll Station (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: How old are you? (/thread-2572.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

How old are you? - rockdet - 28-Feb-2012

I'd not become anything else than what I am now, except probably a rock star.

How old are you? - BitBuster - 28-Feb-2012

If I had to change my profession, I'd go into boxing. Don't ask me why.

How old are you? - AdrenalinDragon - 28-Feb-2012

Quote:I'd not become anything else than what I am now, except probably a rock star.

Same, a singer or an actor would be what I'd like. Tongue

How old are you? - BitBuster - 28-Feb-2012

I wouldn't mind being an actor. But if we're pretending that by turning back the clock we're acquiring talents that we simply don't possess, I think I'd be content with possessing the requisite motivation to do something useful with my life.

How old are you? - geodave - 28-Feb-2012

Quote:I wouldn't mind being an actor. But if we're pretending that by turning back the clock we're acquiring talents that we simply don't possess, I think I'd be content with possessing the requisite motivation to do something useful with my life.

I'd be happy with the ability to make a large amount of money and invest it properly so that I was independently wealthy by now. Would make this whole "laid off" thing much easier.

How old are you? - BitBuster - 29-Feb-2012

Well, I was thinking small. But yes...anything that would lead to financial independence would just be lovely.

Which reminds me; I forgot to purchase my daily lottery ticket.

How old are you? - PB_guy - 01-Mar-2012

Did you know that "most" people who buy lottery tickets are depending on a big win as their nest egg in retirement? If you took all that lottery money they spend every month (about $50 to $100) and invest it into a quality segregated fund paying 2 to 10% a year for 25 to 35 years, they would likely have a million or more to retire on with no risk to the investment capital. And, tip No. 2. NEVER NEVER NEVER INVEST WITH A BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless you like being both ripped off and poor. Tip No. 3 RESP's (Registered Education Savings Plans) done through group scholastic funds are total ripoffs.

Ian (daughter is a financial adviser)

How old are you? - BitBuster - 01-Mar-2012

If you buy one lottery ticket a day, I think you have to wait something like 180 years in order to have a better than 50% chance of winning the big jackpot.

Food for thought.

How old are you? - tensorpudding - 01-Mar-2012

On the one hand, lotteries are a disagreeable tax on ignorant people, whose popularity is a symptom of both terrible judgment on the players and the general lack of faith said people have in the ability of their traditional earnings to support them. On the other hand, they provide revenue for the state that would be badly missed otherwise in these days of deficits and budget cuts. So I figure savvy people support the regime while not themselves "investing" in it.

How old are you? - BitBuster - 01-Mar-2012

You could argue that it makes sense to tax the ignorant at higher rates, given that they're, by definition, not bright enough to realize that they're getting screwed. Wink