CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
How old are you? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Poll Station (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: How old are you? (/thread-2572.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

How old are you? - Lessinath - 01-Mar-2012

Quote:You could argue that it makes sense to tax the ignorant at higher rates, given that they're, by definition, not bright enough to realize that they're getting screwed. Wink

This.

How old are you? - geodave - 01-Mar-2012

Dave Ramsey says lottery tickets are a tax on people who can't do math.

The way things are going there won't be any social security for us when we get there, either.

How old are you? - BitBuster - 01-Mar-2012

I'm sure most people who play the lottery know that it's a negative expectation game. Arguably, if you get a sufficient thrill from playing (as well as from the severely misplaced hope that you, too, may someday be an overnight millionaire), there's enough utility to make up for the 60% return on investment.

How old are you? - tensorpudding - 01-Mar-2012

Yes, lottery now emphasizes the "fun" aspect of it, but I'd imagine lot of people who do it for "enjoyment" would fall under the category of gambling addiction, which is not at all healthy.

How old are you? - Phazite - 03-Mar-2012

Quote:Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who didn't get his driver's license at age 16. Tongue
I'm 20 and still don't have one. I had a permit once, but it expired a couple years ago.

Quote:I'm 69 and obviously will be 70 in August. Unlike most of the young ones here that are wishing to be older, I wouldn't mind being 18 again, except I don't like what the future looks like for all of you young bucks.

Ian Wilson
I honestly never wanted to be older. I didn't see the appeal and I liked being a kid.

Quote:Dave Ramsey says lottery tickets are a tax on people who can't do math.
Nice one! I've got to remember this.

How old are you? - rockdet - 08-Mar-2012

Except I don't think it benefits to the poor to tax via lottery, as from what I see everyday, they're mostly bought by the poor since they have strong hope to redeem themselves and make their life easier.

How old are you? - AdrenalinDragon - 08-Mar-2012

If I win the lottery, I'll treat all you CC Zone members a trip to Quebec! Tongue

In all seriousness, I think the tax is ridiculous and poorer countries could use that to expand and improve their lifestyle.

How old are you? - rockdet - 11-Mar-2012

Why a trip to Quebec? Perhaps I'd like to have a trip too Tongue

How old are you? - AdrenalinDragon - 11-Mar-2012

Quote:Why a trip to Quebec? Perhaps I'd like to have a trip too Tongue

To meet the one and only, Rockdet! Thumbs up

How old are you? - BigOto2 - 11-Mar-2012

While lottery tickets are always fun to do every now and then just for the fun of it, they are a rip-off otherwise as the chances of winning are lower than the money one loses for the tickets themselves. I'd rather discover a giant scientific breakthrough and make millions that way, effectively winning the lottery the very successful way!