Chip's Challenge Creator
Quote:3 hours ago, The Architect said:

I've debated adding the "random tile", but it's really just a glitch, not even as "real" a tile as the invalid tiles from CC1, so I'm hesitant about officially supporting it. Are there many people interested in actually using it?

And I have no idea what you mean by "voodoo tiles". Another CC2 invalid tile thing?

I don't know what other members of the community think about this; perhaps you could ask around on Discord?

As for the voodoo tiles, here is Tyler's explanation: "everything past the latch gates, beyond the normal logic gates themselves, can be made into a voodoo tile; i was supposed to write a hex editing tutorial like 2 years ago lmao. all the voodoo tiles act as floor and take the exact appearance of their 32x32 square (i.e. no animation, and the icons in the bottom right are clumped together)"

I'm curious: by "fill" do you mean the "box draw" tool, or the "flood fill" tool? The "flood fill" tool is one I'm particularly proud of, as I can see many potential uses for it and it's something none of the previous editors have offered. Slight smile

I was talking about the "flood fill" tool I really like it Slight smile

Unfortunately I couldn't think of any better way to draw green teleport connections, that accurately conveys the manner in which any green teleport in the level targets every single other green teleport in the level. I'm just hoping people don't make too many levels like the one depicted, where the super-connectivity is an issue. And of course, you have the option of making the connection metagraphics show only on mouseover. But I'm open to alternate suggestions if anyone has any.

The "show only on mouseover" option could fix this issue Slight smile I can't really think of any other workaround apart from creating a menu entry for every single type of connection, which would have the side effect of creating a really long menu, which might not necessarily be a good thing.

I say "largely correct" because it's not actually necessary to save to the native format before doing an export: you can export from an unsaved project just as well, it just doesn't mark the project as saved (because most of the export options only export part of the project).

Yeah, those are two probable uses. The main point of the "import" feature is that it adds to the current project, whereas the "open" feature replaces the current project, losing any unsaved work in the process (and resetting the edit history).

CC Creator supports the full possible range of time limits, common to MSCC, Tile World and CC2, which is 0-65535 seconds. Once compatibility testing is enabled, it will give a warning when an "undisplayable" time limit is set.

Thank you for clarifying about these. The "undisplayable" warning does sound like a good idea Slight smile

I've considered adding a separate input sequence, such as control+click, to place a tile in the "terrain" layer while preserving the creatures and objects on top of it. Would people find this feature useful?

I would find such a feature very useful Slight smile

I'm still a bit confused by the "replace" feature. What makes it different from flood-filling the tile with floor?

That's really weird. It sounds like the program is throwing an exception (that's what causes the message to be printed to the command line), but I have no idea why that would be happening. If it happens again, can you copy the message for me?

I experienced the issue again just now, trying to copy these tiles:

[Image: 1w8YVz2.png]

Here is the resulting command line output:

[Click to Show Content]
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:34 minutes ago, chipster1059 said:

I'm still a bit confused by the "replace" feature. What makes it different from flood-filling the tile with floor?

It affects every tile in the map, not just in a specific region.

Quote:34 minutes ago, chipster1059 said:

I experienced the issue again just now, trying to copy these tiles:

[Image: 1w8YVz2.png]

Here is the resulting command line output:

[...]

Thanks, that's a great amount of info! I already have a suspicion I know what the problem is.
CC Creator 0.3 is now available, with some new features plus fixes for a few major bugs. You can get it here.

Notable in this update:

<ul style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#353c41;font-size:14px;">[*]
Compatibility options can now be configured (compatibility testing is still not available).

[*]
The Export feature now confirms before overwriting existing files.

[*]
The Path tool has been modified to deal more intelligently with force floor and railroad crossovers.

[*]
The wire loop-freeze bug has been fixed, along with the bug that prevented copying a selection with monsters to the clipboard.

</ul>
See the Changelog.txt file for the complete list of changes.
CC Creator 0.3.1 is now available, with various minor improvements and bugfixes over 0.3.0. You can get it here.
It's been a long time since I had news, so here's an informational update! I've added a control+click feature to insert a terrain without erasing the rest of the cell contents. Also, I'm working on dialogs to edit the properties of individual tiles. Here's a preview:

[Image: 1dVFivH.png]

[Image: RXkqM9j.png]

[Image: pNxqGao.png]

I hope to be able to release a program update with these features in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned.
This looks really awesome. The ctrl+insert feature is going to be really useful. The tile menu could be especially useful for managing railroad tracks, and multidirectional cloners Chip Win
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Not that multidirectional cloners actually do anything. Smiley
Version 0.4 is released! You can get it at http://www.pillowpc2001.net/CCCreator/.
Progress report: I finally got C2G imports to work. Coming soon to an update near you!
Version 0.5 is now out. Notable in this release: C2G imports and level image exports are now available!

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/CCCreator/