Please restore the Special forum...
... and rename it to "CCLP1 Discussion".

First of all, it makes no sense to have a CCLP4 Discussion forum but keep the CCLP1 one hidden. In each case, the threads provide valuable info on how that levelset was developed. And while there are some other threads in the Special forum, the vast majority are CCLP1-related, and the rest can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Second, it's kind of my fault that that forum was made invisible, as a request that I'd made concerning one of the threads in it triggered that change. Had I known it was a serious possibility, I would have made my opposition to such a move clear right away. Regardless, I feel it's my duty, in a sense, to try to have this mistake corrected.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
How about merging CCLP4 discussions into Special and making it all visible?
Thief
(08-Feb-2020, 11:42 PM)Cowman Wrote: How about merging CCLP4 discussions into Special and making it all visible?

Right now the CCLP1 and CCLP4 discussion threads are cleanly separated. Mixing them seems to be the wrong way to go, especially considering the work you're doing now to separate the file and gallery uploads into categories.

Along the lines of this idea, I think it would be much better to create a general "CCLP Discussion" forum, make the CCLP4 forum a subforum of that, and make a subforum for CCLP1 and move all the CCLP1-related topics from Special into there.

This approach has multiple advantages: (1) if someone wants to start a thread about CCLP2 or CCLP3, there's a general forum for that; (2) you can easily expand said general forum with future subforums as necessary; (3) the non-CCLP1 threads from Special are left behind and therefore easily identified and dealt with as needed - without you doing any additional work! It's like a beneficial side effect. Slight smile
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Until there has been more thought into how the Special forum could be reworked, I've simply made it available again in the Chip's Challenge category. There are likely other hidden forums that don't need to be hidden which can be considered as well.
Thief
The decision made in the end was to merge CCLP-related posts into CCLP4 Discussion and to rename CCLP4 Discussion to CCLP Discussions. Any threads that were not relevant to CCLPs were moved to General Discussions.
Thief