CC Emulator for Android
Inspired by Rommy's on android (and with a bit too much free time during covid), I have built a CC emulator in Unity for android. Nothing too fancy, but a quick and dirty way to get your Chip fix on mobile.

Supports custom skin files and a level pack uploader built into the app (thus the file access permission request, which is not required to play). No ads, all free.

I am always interested in feedback, as long as you don't ask me to overhaul it :P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...amsSquares

-sombies
Not that i downloaded it but this is pretty interesting! By the way, is the 22MB size due to the use of Unity? I mean, that is noticeable larger than Tile World, the original Chip's  Challenge or even Super Mario 64 (DS) (he, he)!

Also i would be good if it supported .CCX or came with the version of CCLP2 for Lynx.
I like it! 

Good job points to you good sir/madam.
(16-Sep-2020, 3:10 AM)JDGP030302 Wrote: Not that i downloaded it but this is pretty interesting! By the way, is the 22MB size due to the use of Unity? I mean, that is noticeable larger than Tile World, the original Chip's  Challenge or even Super Mario 64 (DS) (he, he)!

Also i would be good if it supported .CCX or came with the version of CCLP2 for Lynx.
Thanks!

Yes, it's definitely a chonker. I'm not sure what Unity packages in or removes during the compilation process, so for all I know it could include some of the libraries for 3D rendering and physics inside of it. Sadly, it's one of the smaller apps that I have built in Unity lol.

Regarding rule sets, movement is MS style, but tile rules and layering is more Lynx. So I packaged it with CCLP2LX vs CCLP2. 

I have played through CC1, CCLP1, half of CCLP2LX, and a bit of CCLP3 (including "Two Sets of Rules"), so all these levels are solvable afaik.
Hiya, I downloaded your app for this before I went on a two week vacation and played some of it! Even ported some of my own sets to play while on the plane and whatnot and I gotta say, it's a pretty solid way to play CC on the go!

I did run into a fairly significant flaw in levels that have monsters on top of exits - the game recognizes touching such tile combinations as beating the level when it normally would kill the player.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
(22-Sep-2020, 10:03 PM)Flareon350 Wrote: Hiya, I downloaded your app for this before I went on a two week vacation and played some of it! Even ported some of my own sets to play while on the plane and whatnot and I gotta say, it's a pretty solid way to play CC on the go!

I did run into a fairly significant flaw in levels that have monsters on top of exits - the game recognizes touching such tile combinations as beating the level when it normally would kill the player.
Glad to hear it!

Skipping monsters sounds less like a flaw and more of a feature, jk :P

The game was configured process the base tile before running through the top layer (which would contain the monster). I have switched the order of processing and now it will check the top layer for collisions before the base layer, which I assume should fix this. This will be pushed in the next update. 

You may laugh at this, but I can't think of a scenario where a monster is on an exit block and it doesn't jump onto your block before you jump to the exit block. Would you be able to direct me to a specific level or pack that this occurs on? For testing of course!

Thanks!
(23-Sep-2020, 8:56 PM)sombies Wrote: You may laugh at this, but I can't think of a scenario where a monster is on an exit block and it doesn't jump onto your block before you jump to the exit block. Would you be able to direct me to a specific level or pack that this occurs on? For testing of course!

Thanks!

If you're on gravel, or if the monster is a teeth and you move on their off parity, to name a couple examples. As for specific levels, off the top of my head there's An Exit to Remember by Josh but i forget which pack it's in.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
(23-Sep-2020, 9:57 PM)random 8 Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 8:56 PM)sombies Wrote: You may laugh at this, but I can't think of a scenario where a monster is on an exit block and it doesn't jump onto your block before you jump to the exit block. Would you be able to direct me to a specific level or pack that this occurs on? For testing of course!

Thanks!

If you're on gravel, or if the monster is a teeth and you move on their off parity, to name a couple examples. As for specific levels, off the top of my head there's An Exit to Remember by Josh but i forget which pack it's in.
Right, gravel, thanks! I knew I was missing something simple. And the teeth/blob thing could work as well.

Ok, I simulated it in my editor and its fixed now. I rolled it live last night, but Android now takes a few days to review apps before it is pushed to the public. Thank you for the feed back!
Taking into account how awkward it can be to simulate a directional control with a touchscreen, it would be nice if this supported external controls like a gamepad. Or a keyboard. In the last case it is possible to use a program called scrcpy to control an Android phone from a PC as if it were a keyboard connected to the phone. The shortcuts from the original Tile World would also be a nice detail. I would also appreciate a smaller file size but i understood your explanation.
Also, it would be nice if this supported other languages. I am willing to translate this to Spanish (of course, i would need a list of all text strings).
An Exit to Remember is where I discovered that flaw, yes I should have stated so prior, apologies. Looking forward to that update and playing more!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon