January 2015 Time Trial
New Year, New Chip Cup! J.B. has won the last two (congratulations!). Will anyone rise this year to challenge him?

This time this time trial is as simple as it gets: just download the competition levels from here and send in your submissions!

Ask about any clarifications, though here are a few details on what's going on:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the three levels wins!
2) You may enter in either MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category. There may be a tie in the overall score.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The levels shouldn't be too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher. The levels have time limits of 110, 60, and 999.
5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. If your name is Michael, I'll allow you to name one level in the next time trial.
6) Submission deadline is February 1st where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the following week but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designers of the levels (myself and random 8 (thank you!)), may enter the competition, as we have not optimized them, nor have we had significantly more time to work on them compared to the rest of you.

Enjoy!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
January 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 06-Jan-2015, 3:20 AM
January 2015 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 06-Jan-2015, 5:31 AM
January 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 06-Jan-2015, 7:18 AM
January 2015 Time Trial - by Syzygy - 13-Jan-2015, 4:25 PM
January 2015 Time Trial - by Syzygy - 02-Feb-2015, 5:24 PM
January 2015 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 03-Feb-2015, 12:32 PM
January 2015 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 03-Feb-2015, 2:04 PM
January 2015 Time Trial - by ajmiam - 03-Feb-2015, 2:25 PM
January 2015 Time Trial - by James - 03-Feb-2015, 9:10 PM