May 2013 Time Trial - A Non-Creative Revisit
Hey you guys! It's time for another Time Trial! Yay! A couple months back we revisited some levels from last year that were made for the create competitions, and this time we are revisiting some levels from another competition. So yes, the title of the competition does not actually refer to a quality of the levels, but as a contrast between the competition types.

Here are the two levels, made by Lessinath:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/171-november-2012-time-trial-levels/

You'll notice that these levels are the ones used for last year's November Time Trial, but that the results for that competition have not yet been announced, as we "received depressingly few submissions". Hopefully this will prove to be a chance for these levels to find a new audience, and maybe even attract a couple of those people who might have worked on the levels half a year ago (whether they submitted routes or not). As many people can be busy at this time of the year, and because it looks like there might not be a time trial next month, I'm pushing the deadline well into June.

Enjoy!

Details:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the two levels wins!

2) You may enter in either Lynx or MS, with the latter being the primary rules, meaning that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category. There may be a tie in the overall score.

3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.

4) The levels shouldn't be too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher. The levels have time limits of 700 and 200, which give a fair relative estimate of the times they take to solve, but even so the first one is modular in the sense that you can go and practice any room by itself before you actually go for a speed run.

5) This is part of the 2013 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. If your name is Andrew, I will send you an e-card.

6) Submission deadline is pushed back a bit this time to June 16th where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the following week but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competitions is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

Report any problems or ask any questions here! Have fun! Glider

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
May 2013 Time Trial - A Non-Creative Revisit - by M11k4 - 07-May-2013, 5:46 PM