Lexy's Labyrinth, a web-based CC1 + CC2 emulator

https://c.eev.ee/lexys-labyrinth/ — source and changelog on GitHub

Hello!  I wrote a thing to play Chip's Challenge in a web browser, due to reasons. I think it's pretty cool and I hope you do too.

Current features as of May '21:
  • Extremely good compatibility with both Chip's Challenge 1 and 2; defaults to a tweaked Steam ruleset that fixes some bugs, but can also play under Steam rules (~99% compatible), Lynx rules (~95% compatible), or MS rules (lol)
  • Brand new (and unencumbered) artwork, sound effects, and music
  • Phone and touchscreen support, with a dedicated compact layout
  • Undo or rewind when you fat-finger a block into a corner, ten minutes into a horrible sokoban level
  • "Step mode", where the world doesn't move until you do
  • Separate recording of your best clock, best real time, best score, and whether you beat the level without undo
  • One click to play any CCLP — but you can also load a CCL/DAT, individual C2M, or C2G zip/folder
  • Built-in level editor that can create just about anything, plus lets you share individual levels via URL
  • Support for custom tilesets, in either the compact TW layout or the CC2 layout
  • Experimental support for some new tiles and other features, inspired by CC3D and a couple ill-fated fan spinoffs
  • Small notices when you're playing a level that uses CC1 boots mode or "hide logic", so there are no surprises
  • Tons of other nice little touches

Note that a small handful of CCLP (and canonical) levels don't work under the default rules, generally because of rule changes between Lynx/Steam (though one CC2LP1 level does rely on hook behavior that I deemed to be a bug).

Enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
Lexy's Labyrinth, a web-based CC1 + CC2 emulator - by eevee - 27-Sep-2020, 9:12 PM