Niffler
I figure you all have a good understanding of why I left the server. I just wanted to make sure anyone new who joins the community is aware of this wonderful bit of history in the CCBBC.
Which of these scenarios makes more sense?: links to clones and servers related to clones being deleted from Niffler-owned spaces is part of a legal agreement they were strongarmed into by the company that delayed CC2's release for 15 years, as Allack said several times, and they just wanted a Discord server they're actually allowed to link to; OR everything related to Bridgestone is is all just an elaborate whimsical show Niffler is putting on to cut ties with the community they know is supplying CC with near-all of its resources and publicity (and which Chuck has actually held in good regard - hence the dat2c2g program being hosted here) while they're already on the verge of bankruptcy.
Comparing the Chip's Portal shutdown to this is like comparing a massive inferno to a dumpster fire - in this case nothing was ever irreversibly lost except weblinks posted in Bridgestone-controlled spaces (and things have been "lost" for a while - TW links were being taken off the Steam discussion boards since over a year ago). Allack having used obnoxious metaphors to describe the situation isn't an excuse for this behavior. And before anyone goes "I thought we dropped this topic but ok WeirdChamp", J.B. was still making crude comments about basic community relations being too difficult for Allack around when I left.
I don't believe Niffler appeals to anyone here's interests or that anyone should pretend they do (CC3D is and has been from the start an extremely watered down version of CC2, and they've had to concentrate most of their effort and time on that), I'm just disgusted that we've resorted to demonizing them due to things outside of their control. Nonetheless, please leave any comparisons to me being a Niffler shill in the replies below. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Niffler - by ncrecc - 16-Oct-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Niffler - by quiznos00 - 17-Oct-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Niffler - by Sharpeye468 - 17-Oct-2020, 1:11 AM
RE: Niffler - by DeltaCore - 20-Oct-2020, 1:39 AM