CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
February 2013 - Create Competition - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: CC Zone Meta (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: February 2013 - Create Competition (/thread-2014.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

February 2013 - Create Competition - IceyLava108 - 14-Mar-2013

I thought my level sucked

February 2013 - Create Competition - rockdet - 14-Mar-2013

Haha good one Zane. Honestly I thought it was decent Slight smile

February 2013 - Create Competition - Flareon350 - 14-Mar-2013

It was Wink

February 2013 - Create Competition - IceyLava108 - 16-Mar-2013

lol thanks guys Thumbs up

February 2013 - Create Competition - M11k4 - 16-Mar-2013

Thanks for running the contest and judging it so quickly!

I'm happy with the results too. I laughed at your comment about being disappointed that mine wasn't lynx-comptible, because practically all the direct communication we've had between the two of us has been about how to make levels work in lynx Smiley So I totally deserve last place for not making an effort to do that here , though frankly the reason was the amount of time I was willing to spend on the level once I knew it wasn't going to work quite like I planned it. Also glad you didn't penalize Rock for the minor mistake in his original submission, though that is something a contestant can't count on every time.

Congrats to Rock! And is JB trying to place second in every contest this year? Tongue

-Miika

February 2013 - Create Competition - Flareon350 - 16-Mar-2013

Quote:Thanks for running the contest and judging it so quickly!

I'm happy with the results too. I laughed at your comment about being disappointed that mine wasn't lynx-comptible, because practically all the direct communication we've had between the two of us has been about how to make levels work in lynx Smiley So I totally deserve last place for not making an effort to do that here , though frankly the reason was the amount of time I was willing to spend on the level once I knew it wasn't going to work quite like I planned it. Also glad you didn't penalize Rock for the minor mistake in his original submission, though that is something a contestant can't count on every time.

Congrats to Rock! And is JB trying to place second in every contest this year? Tongue

-Miika

It was a lot of fun running this actually! I'm definitely going to run more create competitions Slight smile

February 2013 - Create Competition - rockdet - 17-Mar-2013

I don't even know what my "little mistake" was, can you refresh my mind?

February 2013 - Create Competition - M11k4 - 19-Mar-2013

Quote:I don't even know what my "little mistake" was, can you refresh my mind?
The version of the level in the package is (still) not solvable. The last four chips are not reachable. It would be nice to see the correct version. Not sure where the error originated.

February 2013 - Create Competition - random 8 - 19-Mar-2013

I don't think Flareon ever updated the package, so whoever downloads the submissions needs to move the bomb in the first level at [22,12] one tile down to [22,13].

February 2013 - Create Competition - rockdet - 19-Mar-2013

Oh geez. I didn't see that Tongue Yeah, that bomb should be one tile lower.

I don't get people being so strict whenever something like that happens and jumping to the "IT'S UNSOLVABLE! SHENANIGANS!" mode though. Perhaps getting there can be harsh to realize something's wrong, but that's something usually one would understand as a little drop. Worst is that testing initially caught that until I decided to redraw the thing and assume it was just fine. It is indeed one tile lower in my current version, though, so perhaps I forgot to resend it, I sent 2 versions of it and had Josh change the latter over a skype call, so mistakes can happen, I guess.