CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 (/thread-2297.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - Ida - 05-Apr-2012

Quote:What confuses you about what I said about Spirals?

Well, how can you say that Spirals is fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not - if you haven't even played the corrupted version? (The corrupted version = the hard version, right?) I only knew of the hard version, and that was very frustrating I can tell you. We (my siblings and I) thought it was possible to finish it, obviously, since it was in the set, (and we were quite close actually). As I said, very frustrating. (I know now that it IS possible, if you're like Pieguy or someone :S )

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - BitBuster - 05-Apr-2012

Quote:I made an entire notebook of Chip's Challenge levels that I played with my finger and acted like the monsters and blocks moved too.

That's awesome! Wish I'd been that creative and resourceful as a kid, at the peak of my CC obsession. Wink

Quote:Well, how can you say that Spirals is fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not - if you haven't even played the corrupted version? (The corrupted version = the hard version, right?) I only knew of the hard version, and that was very frustrating I can tell you. We (my siblings and I) thought it was possible to finish it, obviously, since it was in the set, (and we were quite close actually). As I said, very frustrating. (I know now that it IS possible, if you're like Pieguy or someone :S )

Haha, word. I doubt anyone would seriously consider the corrupted version to be "fun and enjoyable." Slight smile

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - Flareon350 - 05-Apr-2012

Quote:Well, how can you say that Spirals is fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not - if you haven't even played the corrupted version? (The corrupted version = the hard version, right?) I only knew of the hard version, and that was very frustrating I can tell you. We (my siblings and I) thought it was possible to finish it, obviously, since it was in the set, (and we were quite close actually). As I said, very frustrating. (I know now that it IS possible, if you're like Pieguy or someone :S )

I was only saying I liked the level. I don't have to play the corrupted version to determine my liking of the level. I still think Spirals is fun and enjoyable, regardless if it's corrupted or not.

If I haven't made my point clear there, then I don't know what else to tell you. I just like the level.

That's fair enough if you like the level; I think Ida's point is just that the corrupted version is so much more difficult that it might as well qualify as a wholly different level-playing experience. It wouldn't be inconceivable for someone to enjoy the original version while detesting the corrupted version.

Well it's understandable either way I guess. I never actually got the corrupted version of Spirals before and I don't think editing it to make it corrupt it just for the experience is a good idea.

Sorry if I sound harsh or anything. It's just hard for me to make my point clear sometimes...

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - Michael - 05-Apr-2012

How about Pieguy's " color wheel"??

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - James - 05-Apr-2012

Quote:How about Pieguy's " color wheel"??

If you think Color Wheel is hard, wait until you get to the 140s Slight smile

Quote:If you think Color Wheel is hard, wait until you get to the 140s Slight smile

I.E. Same Game

Surely Same Game is slightly easier to solve than YCTAOFNT...slightly, at least?

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3 - geodave - 05-Apr-2012

Color Wheel is fun, except for the tank part at the end. Spirals "corrupted" was the original version -- it's just so hard in MS that Microsoft got a clue and made it easier in the "best of" series. In Lynx it's a fun level either way.