Poll: Which of these designers has the highest average taken over the level numbers of the levels they designed in CCLP3? Basically, on average how far are their levels in the set?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JB Lewis
7.14%
1 7.14%
pieguy
14.29%
2 14.29%
Madhav
78.57%
11 78.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3
I was interested in calculating the average of how far in CCLP3 a designer's levels are, giving a feel for how difficult thier levels were on average. The ranked the seven designers with the most levels in the set. Joshua Bone is not in the above questions, because his 15 levels were much easier, despite having a couple placed much later in the set than their actual difficulty would indicate, with an average of 63. I'll post the exact results, but thought it might be fun to first ask people how they feel it should go.
Is there a list of who designed which level? I have to confess, I'm a bit ouf ot the loop on this one.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I'd probably say Madhav overall. Pieguy had a few surprisingly easy/medium difficulty ones. Tyler's "Everybody Get Dangerous" was more of a pain in the arse than it actually looked.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Is there a list of who designed which level?

http://syzygy.webege.com/c.html
I'd definitely have to go with Madhav here. Even if it appeared early in the set, Vague Dream is still quite a challenge to conquer. Lead Us Not into Temptation is probably the only other level that could be called somewhat "easy" compared to the others, which are clearly designed to be solved over a much, much longer period of time.
Quote:http://syzygy.webege.com/c.html

Thanks. I'd say that as far as the raw numbers go, Madhav and John made approximately the same number of really hard levels. That said, on the average, Madhav's levels are significantly harder than John's.

I didn't have much of a problem with LUNIT either. I thought it was one of the easier levels in the 100's.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I think it's interesting that the difficulty portion of the voting was somewhat affected by the knowledge that some people had about certain levels by these designers. For instance, we had some people rate some of pieguy's and Madhav's easier levels - including many that didn't make CCLP3 - a full difficulty rating, even when it was clear those levels were not even close to ultra-difficult.
...like Waterslide?

BTW, how were the CCLP3 levels arranged? I have to assume that including Diabolical and Marooned relatively late in the set was a conscious choice...no?
We tried to respect the order when we could, but there were some levels that clearly didn't belong in the positions in which they were voted; for instance, Triple Maze and Vague Dream were among the most highly rated in difficulty. Waterslide was actually voted "lower" in difficulty than its position in the set, but we moved it there to break up the string of puzzles around it and because it does require quite a bit of playing skill depending on which solution is used. Marooned and Diabolical were positioned accordingly for the same reasons. The "Chip's travels" levels, however, were the most significantly concentrated examples of deviation from the difficulty order, as many of them would have been placed earlier in the set (Take the I Train, Fireball Tourism, The Haunted House, Niche, etc.).
I didn't even realize people found Everybody Get Dangerous to be difficult Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.