Poll: Which of these designers has the highest average taken over the level numbers of the levels they designed in CCLP3? Basically, on average how far are their levels in the set?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JB Lewis
7.14%
1 7.14%
pieguy
14.29%
2 14.29%
Madhav
78.57%
11 78.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who made the toughest levels in CCLP3
Quote:Yeah, I never even had the corrupted version, I never even knew there was one until recently. I beat it after a few tries when I was 5 -- I was slow back then and got walker'd. Tongue

I attempted Mouth-Watering on Will's World [CC app for app store] once. Gave up on that XD

Wow. I was much older than 5 when I gave up on Spirals. I really don't know whether I sucked at video games or at patience or both – I was able to beat Super Mario Bros. 3, but gave up on Kirby's Dream Land and on various Chip's Challenge levels including SPIRALS and MORTON(!), if that lets you judge my skill level with any effectiveness.

Seeing that you pwned SPIRALS but gave up on my level feels kinda ironic. Then again, making a hard level is much easier than making a hard level that's fun enough to be in CCLP3. . . Tongue
Quote:Wow. I was much older than 5 when I gave up on Spirals. I really don't know whether I sucked at video games or at patience or both – I was able to beat Super Mario Bros. 3, but gave up on Kirby's Dream Land and on various Chip's Challenge levels including SPIRALS and MORTON(!), if that lets you judge my skill level with any effectiveness.

Seeing that you pwned SPIRALS but gave up on my level feels kinda ironic. Then again, making a hard level is much easier than making a hard level that's fun enough to be in CCLP3. . . Tongue

MORTON,

I was scared of this level when I was 5, playing CC on my Win. 98.

Also, I haven't quite gave up on Mouth-Watering yet. Just for iPod I have, because Will's World is impossible to complete CCLP3 levels with MSCC skills. Tongue

Also, if anyone was interested, here's my AVI of SPIRALS that I got on my first try attempting it in about seven years that I uploaded a few weeks ago in my playthrough of CC1:

ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I loved Mouth Watering. A very clever level, and pretty singular in the CC world (maybe there are similar levels in custom sets, but I've never found any).

On The Rocks is boring, and Spirals ranges from boring to annoying, imo. Of course, there are even possibly worse levels, like Cityblock and Pain and Cake Walk, but...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
While I certainly found On the Rocks to be tedious, I thought it was a lot more interesting with the exploration it offered than Mind Block, which offered very little.
Mind Block at least gave you options; the water pretty much forced you to do OTR in a certain way. Plus, it's shorter (or at least feels that way).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
On the Rocks - Boring and Tedious. Knowing you have the freedom to bridge anywhere in the level is pretty great though.

Cityblock - Pretty good till the ending.

Spirals - Fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not. I never played the corrupted version though.

Pain - Horrible.

Cake Walk - Actually pretty fun but it's not a level I would want to replay.

Mind Block - I loved, regardless of a small exploration area.

*Mouth-Watering - As I said before, I loved the concept at the beginning so much, finding the real exit wasn't a problem to me Slight smile

*CCLP3 level
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Spirals - Fun and enjoyable, corrupted or not. I never played the corrupted version though.

Eh?

Quote:Of my two levels, one (level 45, Block Head) is essentially a series of not-very-diabolical block-pushing puzzles, [...] The other level (level 98, Mouth-Watering) is a bit more difficult

I'd just like to say that Block Head so far is my favourite level in CCLP3!

I haven't come so far as to Mouth-Watering, but now that I've learned that it's by the same designer as Block Head, I'm really looking forward to playing it.

/Ida
Quote:Eh?

What confuses you about what I said about Spirals?
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:On the Rocks - Boring and Tedious. Knowing you have the freedom to bridge anywhere in the level is pretty great though.

Pain - Horrible.

I think On The Rocks and Pain are by far the worst levels in the original Chip's Challenge.,Mind Block is slightly better than those two because it's not as long, and Cityblock is actually a decent level, until the devious end part.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I think On The Rocks and Pain are by far the worst levels in the original Chip's Challenge.

It's pretty hard to argue with that. I can't agree that Cityblock is a decent level, any more than I can agree that the Star Wars Holiday Special is a decent piece of celluloid, but I suppose it at least has variety going for it. And that toggle wall/block room does look pretty cool.