Walls of CCLP3
File category: CC1 Levelsets

Sometime in 2016, I attempted at a project that would have been my ultimate CC1 set - Walls of CCLP1. I was inspired enough by Joshua Bone's Walls of CC1 to attempt it but as an actual CC1 set.

It looked promising, I had built about 20 levels for it, but due to lack of ideas and just the overall thought I was probably trying too hard, I lost sight of the project and aborted it completely.

What was made for it was savaged and placed into what some call "JoshL6-extended", but the thought of fully doing a walls of set remained in the back of my mind since then, just at that point in time, I wasn't ready. Maybe it was best to save it for another day.

Then out comes Walls of CCLP4, which brought back an amazing amount of inspiration to try a walls of set again. But there was a problem now. I already tried with CCLP1 and didn't want to go at it again so I passed that up (Both J.B. and Isaac started up their own Walls of CCLP1 sets anyway!)

As mentioned, CC1's were being done by Joshua Bone and likewise CCLP2's walls by mobius respectively as CC2 sets, though neither of them as CC1 walls of sets honestly didn't sound fun so I passed them up as well. CCLP4... I did consider and it was very tempting since Jeffrey and I are vastly different designers so there probably wouldn't have been overlap? But at the end of the day I didn't want to take from Jeffrey's set so that was passed up too.

With that out of the way, what other official set was left?

CCLP3. Boy was this an interesting set to use for a walls of set but a really fun and challenging one nonetheless. Not only that, but CCLP3 is what brought me into this community, so this set despite my feelings towards it, has some kind of meaning to me. This project started on March 27th, 2018, exactly 8 months ago, with Socket Shrine using Toggle Bust as the first designed level while Take a Bite of My Heart using Item Unlocker being the last designed on November 15th.

Working on this set reminded me not to be afraid to design certain things and don't let others dislikes affect what you want to build. Compared to all my other sets, this set I've easily put the most amount of effort into. There's no questioning that. I explored and toyed with so many concepts and ideas for this set like you wouldn't believe. I went with ideas I thought I'd never use. I worked with walls configurations I thought I'd never hit an idea on and almost certainly would have never built outside of this project. Every level I've made here... I had so much fun making each and every one of them, even the ones that took forever to get an idea for. But that's the joy of building new levels out of predetermined wall patterns. There's always something new or different to build with them. Just look at Semi-Perfect Stronghold, Condemned Faculty, and Tank Game Reborn which all used wall patterns that have been used at least 3 times prior.

Now about the files - there are three of them:

Walls_of_CCLP3 is the difficulty ordered version and is the recommended/preferred one to play through.

Walls of CCLP3-A is the CCLP3 ordered version.

Walls of CCLP3-B is the order by how the levels were designed.

The latter two versions are included mostly for fun and whether you play through them instead is up to you. But be warned - those don't include a difficulty curve or any kind of content balancing whatsoever. In case I missed something that needs fixing, which is sadly always a possibility, all versions will be updated as so none get left out. Every level has been tested and solved in both rulesets.

Many thanks to the various people who have played through the iterative releases throughout the year and/or provided feedback! It was extremely appreciated and helpful in making this set as good as it can be.

Will this be my last CC1 set? Honestly with how many times I've said that, I doubt it at this point. CC2 designing has been on the mind lately but I won't ever ditch CC1 designing for it. Call it a comfort thing, but I have more fun with it than probably ever will for CC2. However, with CC2LP1 happening soon, who knows? I'll design whatever I want at this point. I have a few CC1 projects in mind at this very moment... but that's for another time.

And with that, I sincerely hope you enjoy my take on the Walls of CCLP3.

-Josh Lee [Flareon350] Flareon

Confirmed solvable? Yes

What's New in Version 1.0.4

Cipher Key Lair - removed bust of obtaining an incorrect green key early.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Walls of CCLP3.zip (Size: 222.39 KB / Downloads: 359)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon