CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Annoying things about Windows - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Annoying things about Windows (/thread-2299.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Annoying things about Windows - Flareon350 - 23-Mar-2012

How about the most famous TASK MANAGER?! Man I love this thing! Thumbs up

Annoying things about Windows - BitBuster - 23-Mar-2012

I despise ClipIt. I'm not a violent person, but sometimes I want to punch him. Thankfully, he seems to have disappeared from recent versions of Word. Of course, there's always a trade-off, and like Dave said, the way MS loves to mix up the menus in the MS Office suite makes me think that:

a ) Microsoft secretly hates people

b ) Microsoft is carrying out a massive sociological experiment with us as the guinea pigs

c ) Both of the above.

I miss File Manager from Windows 3.1 I never cottoned to the 95/98/etc versions of Windows, but XP and 7 are fine by me.

(BTW, this isn't a Windows gripe, but I resent that I had to put spaces between the letters and the parentheses in my list, lest the second line turn into an emoticon. Oh, the hardships of modern life.)

Annoying things about Windows - geodave - 23-Mar-2012

B) is an emoticon?

Windows seems to have an every-one-version-is-good problem. Windows 3, 95, 2000 and were yucky, whereas 3.1, 98, XP and 7 are pretty good.

I'd agree, save for 98, which looked and felt like a transitional OS, imo. It was MS fumbling around for something that they didn't achieve until XP.

And yes, B) is apparently an emoticon.

Annoying things about Windows - tensorpudding - 23-Mar-2012

I don't use Windows, but I found

about the new design of Windows 8 and its (lack of) discoverability pretty interesting.

GUI design is tough and I think that many people would accept a crummy interface that is easy and familiar over a good one that isn't.

Annoying things about Windows - AdrenalinDragon - 23-Mar-2012

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Microsoft releases a buggy operating system and then a stable one afterwards. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)

Yeah, I think Dave was implying that.

Annoying things about Windows - Markus - 23-Mar-2012

Quote:Another recent one is when an illegal program (a not-so-stable Wii emulator) on my computer crashed arbitrarily like it does quite a lot. Apparently just this once, Windows decided to automatically apply unnecessary compatibility options, and I'm still not sure what the heck it did but I couldn't figure out for my life how to reverse it.

Right click the program and go into properties. There's a tab named "Compatibility" that will let you change it back.

You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.

Annoying things about Windows - AdrenalinDragon - 23-Mar-2012

Quote:You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.

Dolphin is not illegal, but even if you own the game, I think it's still technically illegal to play Gamecube/Wii ISOs. Let's try to stay away from that.

Annoying things about Windows - BigOto2 - 23-Mar-2012

Quote:Right click the program and go into properties. There's a tab named "Compatibility" that will let you change it back.

You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.

Yes, I mean Dolphin with a pirated Mario Kart Wii ISO. Yes, illegal, I do not care for the least bit and I haven't got police knocking on my door anyway. I own the game anyway so Nintendo doesn't lose money.

I tried to change it back under the compatibility tab, but there was nothing out of the ordinary there.