CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
The Wannabe Longest Thread - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Wannabe Longest Thread (/thread-2383.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

The Wannabe Longest Thread - BitBuster - 25-Mar-2012

...at least Luke has a reason to whine. Uncle Owen's sort of a jerk, and they live on a desert planet so remote that even the Empire doesn't give a toss about it. Compare that with Anakin, who's whining because he thinks that, at 16, he should be the greatest Jedi ever, etc.

The Wannabe Longest Thread - jblewis - 25-Mar-2012

Exactly.

I can't describe just how ridiculous it is to watch AOTC and see the contrast between Anakin's and Obi-Wan's stories:

Obi-Wan: try and unravel a conspiracy that could affect the whole galaxy.

Anakin: find my mom!

...well, first of all, the Jedi seem to have this real problem with understaffing certain assignments. They only send two Jedi (an old man and his not-yet-a-master apprentice) to fight a Sith Lord. Remember, they've thought that the Sith have been extinct for thousands of years...and now the Sith have returned, and they only dispatch two Jedi to fight him? Idiots.

Obi-Wan's "mission" in AOTC is even more ridiculous when you consider that he turns to little kids and short-order cooks in 50's-pastiche diners for assistence.

The same thing happened in ROTS when they sent three (oh, a minor improvement?) Jedi to arrest the chancellor. Tongue

...technically, three plus Mace, but yeah, that's a particularly bone-headed decision.

I also have to question Mace's approach. He makes it clear that he doesn't trust Anakin, and yet he walks in on Palpatine and puts him under arrest? Maybe it's because I'm not trained in the Jedi arts, but I don't see why you'd go off and arrest the chancellor if you weren't sure if he was a Sith or not.

The Wannabe Longest Thread - rockdet - 25-Mar-2012

I wish I wasn't so uneducated in movies, especially since my SW culture is pierced will all sorts of black holes. I really need to sit down and watch them 6 in a row. Of course starting with the old 4th one.

I'd rather watch the prequels first so the best could be saved for last. Wink

I once did the OT marathon. Never again. Just as I will never listen to another Van Morrison album, I will never watch Return of The Jedi again. Not even for the lulz.

The Wannabe Longest Thread - AdrenalinDragon - 25-Mar-2012

Quote:I once did the OT marathon. Never again. Just as I will never listen to another Van Morrison album, I will never watch Return of The Jedi again. Not even for the lulz.

Imagine having to watch all the Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings all on the same day. That would be such an accomplishment!

Is that even possible? I imagine it would come close to skirting 24 hours, if not stepping over that line.