CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: CC Zone Meta (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition (/thread-2384.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - jblewis - 05-Feb-2012

I'm in favor of making exiting mandatory, if only because it's more convenient for us who have to use Tile World in our optimization pursuits. Slight smile

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - rockdet - 08-Feb-2012

I'm in favor of everything that can improve this competition, since I didn't have the original idea. People seem to aim towards convenience, I will approve of the general consensus. Teeth

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - micronexer97 - 11-Feb-2012

Must Chip remain alive? My solution involves him dying with 0.2 on the clock. I have over 100 btw Wink

NOTE: This no longer affects me, but it would be nice to clarify. 113 Smiley

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - ajmiam - 11-Feb-2012

All right, I've made some improvements and now I might (might!) have scored optimal. Smiley I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that after my initial score of 60, I earned scores of 1?1, 1?4, 1?6, 1?7, and my current best, 1!1 (where ? and ! each represent a digit from 0 to 9). Also, in my best solution, Chip reached the exit with the bare minimum time left (1/5 of a second).

I can say that this level, in which it's not even nearly possible to get everything in the time limit, was very challenging and fun to plan and play, and was a definite improvement from last month's level IMO. Thanks for making such an enjoyable level, rockdet! Thumbs up

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - rockdet - 11-Feb-2012

@micronexer97: Chip doesn't have to remain alive for this month.

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - geodave - 12-Feb-2012

This has nothing to do with this topic, I just wanted to get to 280 posts.

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - James - 12-Feb-2012

Quote:This has nothing to do with this topic, I just wanted to get to 280 posts.

This is the Treasure Hunter competition thread, not the Spamming competition thread. Thumbs up

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - M11k4 - 12-Feb-2012

This has nothing to do with this topic, I just wanted to get to 44 posts.

Do I win something now?

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - micronexer97 - 12-Feb-2012

Quote:All right, I've made some improvements and now I might (might!) have scored optimal. Smiley I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that after my initial score of 60, I earned scores of 1?1, 1?4, 1?6, 1?7, and my current best, 1!1 (where ? and ! each represent a digit from 0 to 9). Also, in my best solution, Chip reached the exit with the bare minimum time left (1/5 of a second).

Hmm... 4(5) + 4(10) + 5(5) + 20 = 105... I think I can assume ?=1 and !=2

February 2012 : Treasure Hunter Competition - Markus - 12-Feb-2012

I keep getting a different number when I add my score up, but I think I also got 1!1 Slight smile.

Edit: 27th post! Laughing