CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? (/thread-2468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - BigOto2 - 09-Jan-2012

When I was very young and first started playing CC, most monsters had their own names before I knew what they were really called. Some of mine were pretty hilarious:

- Teeth were "frogs" as I said on another thread.

- Gliders had no name because I didn't even know what the heck they were.

- Paramecia were "bugs".

- Bees were bees (what most people call bugs or spiders nowadays).

- Tanks were tankers.

- Pink balls were "killing things".

- Walkers were "balls with sticks through them".

- Fireballs were "fireflies".

- Blobs were "cloudy things", or simply "clouds", and sometimes even "apple treetops".

- Traps were "sticky things".

- Teleports were "transporters".

- Thiefs were "firemen".

- Recessed walls were "Appearing blocks" or simply "blocks".

Everything else was referred to by their obvious official names, pretty much.

What did you think certain tiles were before you learned their official names? Any particularly hilarious ones?

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - rockdet - 09-Jan-2012

I believe my biggest highlight (and still being today) is the policeman. I don't quite remember the others, as I called them in French anyway in names that would generally resemble their real names in English.

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012

I used to called the MS Walkers Planets because they looked like they had Saturn rings orbiting them. Tongue

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - Lessinath - 09-Jan-2012

Walkers were rolling pins.

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - AdrenalinDragon - 09-Jan-2012

Quote:Walkers were rolling pins.

Yeah, but back when I was 5 they looked like Saturn planets to me. Tongue

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - quiznos00 - 09-Jan-2012

I used to call bombs "cherries" because they kinda look like them, sorta...

And I also mispronounced toggle as "tuggle" instead of "tawggle" for the longest time Tongue

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - jblewis - 09-Jan-2012

I saw the Help file for the game when I first played it, so I tended to call everything by its official name. One of my friends, though, called the walker a "dumbbell." Slight smile

Quote:I saw the Help file for the game when I first played it, so I tended to call everything by its official name. One of my friends, though, called the walker a "dumbbell." Slight smile

On Chipedit, that's what it's called though, right? I was misled into thinking the true name of the Walker was Dumbbell too.

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - Hornlitz - 09-Jan-2012

I used to call gliders 'Forks' for some reason

I used to call the exit the 'Winpart' for a long time too.

I also called recessed walls 'pop-up' walls, but that's not really abnormal.

What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger? - jblewis - 09-Jan-2012

Quote:On Chipedit, that's what it's called though, right? I was misled into thinking the true name of the Walker was Dumbbell too.

You're absolutely right. I totally forgot about that!