What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger?
When I was very young and first started playing CC, most monsters had their own names before I knew what they were really called. Some of mine were pretty hilarious:

- Teeth were "frogs" as I said on another thread.

- Gliders had no name because I didn't even know what the heck they were.

- Paramecia were "bugs".

- Bees were bees (what most people call bugs or spiders nowadays).

- Tanks were tankers.

- Pink balls were "killing things".

- Walkers were "balls with sticks through them".

- Fireballs were "fireflies".

- Blobs were "cloudy things", or simply "clouds", and sometimes even "apple treetops".

- Traps were "sticky things".

- Teleports were "transporters".

- Thiefs were "firemen".

- Recessed walls were "Appearing blocks" or simply "blocks".

Everything else was referred to by their obvious official names, pretty much.

What did you think certain tiles were before you learned their official names? Any particularly hilarious ones?
I believe my biggest highlight (and still being today) is the policeman. I don't quite remember the others, as I called them in French anyway in names that would generally resemble their real names in English.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I used to called the MS Walkers Planets because they looked like they had Saturn rings orbiting them. Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Walkers were rolling pins.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:Walkers were rolling pins.

Yeah, but back when I was 5 they looked like Saturn planets to me. Tongue
I used to call bombs "cherries" because they kinda look like them, sorta...

And I also mispronounced toggle as "tuggle" instead of "tawggle" for the longest time Tongue
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I saw the Help file for the game when I first played it, so I tended to call everything by its official name. One of my friends, though, called the walker a "dumbbell." Slight smile
Quote:I saw the Help file for the game when I first played it, so I tended to call everything by its official name. One of my friends, though, called the walker a "dumbbell." Slight smile

On Chipedit, that's what it's called though, right? I was misled into thinking the true name of the Walker was Dumbbell too.
I used to call gliders 'Forks' for some reason

I used to call the exit the 'Winpart' for a long time too.

I also called recessed walls 'pop-up' walls, but that's not really abnormal.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:On Chipedit, that's what it's called though, right? I was misled into thinking the true name of the Walker was Dumbbell too.

You're absolutely right. I totally forgot about that!