What did you call monsters and other CC objects when you were younger?
Quote:I always thought the tanks look like plungers, but I'm not sure of the correct swedish word for that tool so we always called them tanks. I can't understand why they're not green if they are tanks?
Snap. I thought I was the only one...
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

Quote:I always thought the tanks look like plungers, but I'm not sure of the correct swedish word for that tool so we always called them tanks. I can't understand why they're not green if they are tanks?

I'm guessing tanks were created at that point when every other button had been created, and the designers thought, "Oh, blue is the only button color we haven't used yet! They can go with tanks, so...they'll have to be blue too to avoid confusion." Tongue Of course, they could've always switched the colors of tanks and toggle walls...
Quote:I saw the Help file for the game when I first played it, so I tended to call everything by its official name. One of my friends, though, called the walker a "dumbbell." Slight smile

I used this one because I didn't know what they were. Also, I can remember blobs were "bushes" for me...
~Bowman
I only really remember making up names for things when I was playing Lesson 5, which confused me. I didn't know why the red button kept changing back and forth into a "purple circle" (ball) which would also appear on the tiles next to the red button. Soon I figured out that with good timing on the green button I could stop all those "pizzas" (fireballs) from blocking the red key.

Then I got to the last room, wandered into a trap, and told my dad "I think I got stuck because I got too close to the 'apples.' " On my next try I figured out that the "brown spot" was what got me stuck. On my try after that, I tried picking up an "apple" and got "Ooops! Don't touch the bombs!" "What's a bomb (which I pronounced as rhyming with "home")?" I asked my dad and he explained.

So yeah, Lesson 5 taught me an actual lesson-a new word!
That reminds me, Chip's Challenge and another similar puzzle game called Dweep Gold both had bombs in them, as well as tons of other games at the time when I was 6 or so. It was obvious upon animation that they exploded upon being lit with fire, and thus I learned a new word that I proceeded to use at school multiple times. Imagine my guilt upon getting back an assignment where we had to do simple math problems using pictures and I drew 3 "bombs" as my counting unit, with a note from the teacher saying "no more bombs please". Even more hilarious was that I actually spelled the word "bomb" right, because the class as a whole was infamous for forgetting silent letters at the end of words (not including me though). I then joked with my family about how this teacher would hate these games because of the presence of bombs.
my dad and I used to call walkers "batons", but as for all the other things I'm pretty sure we said them by their given names. Though not really as much anymore, because of listening to everyone else talk about them, I still say baton once and a while without even noticing, and it's pretty funny. If I remember right in one of my lp videos on youtube a while ago I said baton and walker back and forth throughout the video and never even noticed it until playing back the footage during editing...
I looked in the Help file like J.B. so I knew all the names of the tiles
Slight smile
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:On Chipedit, that's what it's called though, right? I was misled into thinking the true name of the Walker was Dumbbell too.
My version says walkers. Maybe it was fixed?

walker - saturn

teeth - frog (in my mind I thought of them as wind-up toys)

glider - ghost or shark

paramecium - centipede

suction boots - roller skates

My sister once thought tanks were vacuum cleaners.

Quote: I looked in the Help file like J.B. so I knew all the names of the tiles
Slight smile
I didn't know what help files were at the time, or that they even existed.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I simply called the suction boots "Green boots"
Quote:My version says walkers. Maybe it was fixed?

Yeah, I remember an old version of ChipEdit calling walkers dumbbells...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels