CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Games and Trivia (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! (/thread-2502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - geodave - 29-Mar-2012

Well that IS the puzzle, you know. Makes you play it over and over again until you get it. These sorts of "have to play it a bunch of times" levels have lost favor in recent years, but they are valid and in the spirit of original CC.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - BitBuster - 30-Mar-2012

If they're aesthetically pleasing enough, you can get away with it. I never minded fooling around with Brushfire, or even Cellblocked.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - geodave - 30-Mar-2012

I really enjoyed CELLBLOCKED. Also SHORT CIRCUIT. These sorts of challenges can be fun, and we should consider them for CCLP1.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - jblewis - 30-Mar-2012

What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - BitBuster - 30-Mar-2012

I didn't like Short Circuit, for some reason...maybe because it was one of those "wasted effort" levels (i.e. you feel bad if you screw up near the end 'cause you spent a lot of energy getting there). Even though you could cook Cellblocked, it never really bothered me.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Strange Maze. Decent concept, but I think the design could have been a lot better.

Quote:What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.

Yeah a lot of it was if you can see a chip you must go that way. But still it takes a few tries.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - Markus - 30-Mar-2012

Quote:But still it takes a few tries.

Quote:What I liked about Short Circuit was that there actually is a way to navigate the maze without guesswork - at least for the most part.

There is no guesswork involved in Short Circuit. If you just look ahead and use a bit of logic you can figure out which way to go. You just need to realise that you will come to each intersection twice, and figure out the path that will let you move on without blocking any other paths.

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - jblewis - 30-Mar-2012

How could the design of "Strange Maze" be improved?

Eliminate it from the set!

The Official CC Zone Level Up Thread! - BitBuster - 31-Mar-2012

^Hahaha! I like that.

No, but if I had ideas regarding how to improve levels, I'd design 'em myself. I just critique them. Slight smile