CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Do you drive a car? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Non-Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Poll Station (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Do you drive a car? (/thread-2532.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Do you drive a car? - Flareon350 - 03-Feb-2012

Quote:I'm technically not allowed to have a girlfriend by my parents until I'm 18, but that is bullf*ckingsh*t IMO. What I do at school/outside the house simply isn't their business, unless it is physically dangerous.

Wow. That is total BS. My parents never cared. I didn't get my first GF till I was 18 though Tongue no one seemed to like me when I was a teen Teeth

Do you drive a car? - geodave - 04-Feb-2012

Quote:Wow. That is total BS. My parents never cared. I didn't get my first GF till I was 18 though Tongue no one seemed to like me when I was a teen Teeth

I hear that. I believe I was 18 as well, and that didn't last, and the next one I think I was 23.

Also, just having a girlfriend can be physically dangerous. (I won't go into details -- use your imagination.)

Do you drive a car? - BigOto2 - 04-Feb-2012

I've been through sex ed and all that stuff, so I know the risks, don't worry. I'd rather not go into detail though. I'm not one to talk about relationship statuses much...

Do you drive a car? - Green Kitten - 05-Feb-2012

I'm 17, and I was never interested in having a girlfriend. Maybe later. Smiley

Though I do agree with Flareon, that's quite unfair

Do you drive a car? - Hornlitz - 18-Feb-2012

We have the same rule in our family Trevor, and I actually agree with it, but I won't make you change your mind.

Do you drive a car? - geodave - 19-Feb-2012

Life gets better when you get out on your own, dudes.

Do you drive a car? - Lessinath - 19-Feb-2012

Quote:Life gets better when you get out on your own, dudes.

^this.

Do you drive a car? - BigOto2 - 19-Feb-2012

[2012 complaint-heavy post self censored by 2014]

Do you drive a car? - Lessinath - 20-Feb-2012

Well, I know where I live it's much better to start to slow down early, because often times poor road conditions require it. A few examples:

In the summer we can go a few weeks or more between thunderstorms, although we usually get SOME rain it's not enough to effectively wash the roads. That means that all the junk and rubber and oil from vehicles and their tires accumulates on the road, and when that gets rained on it's damn slippery at times.

Which leads to... Freezing rain in the spring / fall is a bitch, because sometimes you'll try to stop for an intersection 100 yards back and you'll skid clear through the intersection.

Also, general snow and ice in the winter. This winter hasn't been normal, because besides two cold snaps it's been in the 30's and 40's. We should have several feet of acumulated snow by now.

Do you drive a car? - PB_guy - 20-Feb-2012

First Impressions and Driving smoothly:

One day you will be driving your 'main squeeze' around. And she won't be impressed by jerky driving. When you have passengers, you should drive like a chauffeur, as if their comfort is your most important concern. Smooth driving demonstrates control. It conserves fuel (= money). Think of it as a zen thing, or a type of kung fu, like the zen of driving, or the kung-fu of driving. For instance; try not steering the car at all, instead, think of it as applying pressure in the direction you want to go. When necessary, drive like Bond, but when not, drive like you are carrying nitroglycerine.

Ian