CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
When do you use the mouse? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: When do you use the mouse? (/thread-2545.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

When do you use the mouse? - M11k4 - 03-Jan-2012

I've been wondering for a while if allowing the mouse to be used in competative play really is useful as a whole. If people enjoy using it somewhere else than just when it's absolutely needed to score high on a level in CC1 or CCLPn, then it should of course be allowed. In either case it does make it harder for new competative players to catch up with the rest :-) What do you think?

When do you use the mouse? - Hornlitz - 03-Jan-2012

I almost never use it. I only use it when it's necessary to get the bold time, such as Debug File. And When I do use it, I use the fewest amounts of clicks possible.

When do you use the mouse? - M11k4 - 03-Jan-2012

Sorry about editing in an extra choice after JB or Ben already voted! Man you were fast!

(I added the third one, so his choice was originally the fourth one.)

edit: I guess it's fixed now, so don't mind this post.

When do you use the mouse? - jblewis - 03-Jan-2012

Pieguy posted a similar topic at the NG a while back. I think the consensus that was eventually reached was that any mechanic in the game has the right to be exploited. Personally, I don't really think it adds a whole lot...

When do you use the mouse? - quiznos00 - 03-Jan-2012

I only use it to get a bold time, which, in my case, has probably only been in Debug File. Though, a few months ago I found out that it could be used to easily reveal blue walls, but I never got the chance to practically use it.

When do you use the mouse? - pillowpc2001 - 03-Jan-2012

I went with option 4 (only when it's absolutely required for a bold). Even then, if it's more than few clicks I usually don't bother (i.e. Captured)...

When do you use the mouse? - AdrenalinDragon - 03-Jan-2012

I find it much easier just using the arrow keys than the mouse. I find the mouse clumbersome and more confusing overall, especially towards serious play.

When do you use the mouse? - rockdet - 03-Jan-2012

I never use it, though I know its benefits.

When do you use the mouse? - Flareon350 - 03-Jan-2012

I never use the mouse either. I used to as a kid but it's not even useful, especially with a laptop lol.

When do you use the mouse? - James - 03-Jan-2012

Quote:Pieguy posted a similar topic at the NG a while back. I think the consensus that was eventually reached was that any mechanic in the game has the right to be exploited. Personally, I don't really think it adds a whole lot...

I think I was the only one arguing for the pro-mouse side of that argument Tongue The conclusion we reached, IIRC, was that the mouse would be allowed for CCLP3 (and of course CC1/CCLP2), and the issue would be tabled for future discussion before CCLP4.

My poll answer was "Only when reaching a score absolutely requires it", by the way.