Poll: How often do you use the mouse to control Chip?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Never, haven't even tried
0%
0 0%
Never, though have tested it
40.91%
9 40.91%
When it's a simple case and saves time
27.27%
6 27.27%
Only when reaching a score absolutely requires it
31.82%
7 31.82%
Any time it saves time on a competitive level
0%
0 0%
Sometimes even in non-competitive sets
0%
0 0%
What, you can also use the keyboard??
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

When do you use the mouse?
I've been wondering for a while if allowing the mouse to be used in competative play really is useful as a whole. If people enjoy using it somewhere else than just when it's absolutely needed to score high on a level in CC1 or CCLPn, then it should of course be allowed. In either case it does make it harder for new competative players to catch up with the rest :-) What do you think?
I almost never use it. I only use it when it's necessary to get the bold time, such as Debug File. And When I do use it, I use the fewest amounts of clicks possible.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Sorry about editing in an extra choice after JB or Ben already voted! Man you were fast!

(I added the third one, so his choice was originally the fourth one.)

edit: I guess it's fixed now, so don't mind this post.
Pieguy posted a similar topic at the NG a while back. I think the consensus that was eventually reached was that any mechanic in the game has the right to be exploited. Personally, I don't really think it adds a whole lot...
I only use it to get a bold time, which, in my case, has probably only been in Debug File. Though, a few months ago I found out that it could be used to easily reveal blue walls, but I never got the chance to practically use it.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I went with option 4 (only when it's absolutely required for a bold). Even then, if it's more than few clicks I usually don't bother (i.e. Captured)...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I find it much easier just using the arrow keys than the mouse. I find the mouse clumbersome and more confusing overall, especially towards serious play.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I never use it, though I know its benefits.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I never use the mouse either. I used to as a kid but it's not even useful, especially with a laptop lol.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Pieguy posted a similar topic at the NG a while back. I think the consensus that was eventually reached was that any mechanic in the game has the right to be exploited. Personally, I don't really think it adds a whole lot...

I think I was the only one arguing for the pro-mouse side of that argument Tongue The conclusion we reached, IIRC, was that the mouse would be allowed for CCLP3 (and of course CC1/CCLP2), and the issue would be tabled for future discussion before CCLP4.

My poll answer was "Only when reaching a score absolutely requires it", by the way.