CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Favourite Monster? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Favourite Monster? (/thread-2567.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Favourite Monster? - rockdet - 05-Jan-2012

Tanks for your collaboration, Tyler.

Favourite Monster? - Melinda9 - 08-Jan-2012

Definitly : Teeth the teeth... I used to call them frogs it's why I hate their look in Tile World, I love them as frog with their horrible teeth and green back Chip desperatly wants to kick !!!

But I do hate the blob things, they are just non predictable. It's so horrible I hate them, also the lightblue pearls with a stick we call walker ^^ ! I HATE THEEEM ! Blob<-- Look at this, it touchs my words !!!

But Chip's Challenge is such an amazing game with so many possibilities, I mean, we can make sokoban games with each part or each elements of Chip's Challenge, but altogether, they are fireworks dedicaced to the excellency of playing Heart

Favourite Monster? - BitBuster - 08-Jan-2012

...is it just me, or are blobs not as random as they are in theory? In MS it often seems as if the blobs tend to prefer squares closer to Chip (particularly in open spaces). Then again, maybe it's just part of that tendency to see bias where there really isn't any (there's a term for that, but I can't recall it right now...)

Favourite Monster? - jblewis - 08-Jan-2012

"Fireworks dedicated to the excellency of playing" - I love that! I'll have to come up with a "Fireworks"-themed level now...

Favourite Monster? - geodave - 08-Jan-2012

Quote:...is it just me, or are blobs not as random as they are in theory? In MS it often seems as if the blobs tend to prefer squares closer to Chip (particularly in open spaces). Then again, maybe it's just part of that tendency to see bias where there really isn't any (there's a term for that, but I can't recall it right now...)
It often seems that way to me, but my understanding is that in MS they are truly random. If you look at truly random numbers, they often seem non-random because they tend to not be evenly distributed; evenly distributed numbers are not random.

In Lynx, of course, they are only quasi-random -- play a level over and over and they always move the same.

Favourite Monster? - Hornlitz - 08-Jan-2012

Quote:It often seems that way to me, but my understanding is that in MS they are truly random. If you look at truly random numbers, they often seem non-random because they tend to not be evenly distributed; evenly distributed numbers are not random.

In Lynx, of course, they are only quasi-random -- play a level over and over and they always move the same.

I've found that walkers aren't random in Lynx, but blobs are...

I must just not be looking closely or something like that...

Favourite Monster? - Melinda9 - 08-Jan-2012

I also think that Blobs are not random, but just evil ! They are seeking just one thing : make u suffering ! I do think they might be 90% random and 10% attracted by Chip's, if no, how come they catch us 100000 times in Blobdance ?

Favourite Monster? - geodave - 08-Jan-2012

Quote:I've found that walkers aren't random in Lynx, but blobs are...

I must just not be looking closely or something like that...

Right -- I misspoke. It's the walkers that are quasi-random.

Favourite Monster? - tensorpudding - 08-Jan-2012

Quote:...is it just me, or are blobs not as random as they are in theory? In MS it often seems as if the blobs tend to prefer squares closer to Chip (particularly in open spaces). Then again, maybe it's just part of that tendency to see bias where there really isn't any (there's a term for that, but I can't recall it right now...)

Truly random numbers are randomly nonrandom!

Favourite Monster? - jblewis - 08-Jan-2012

Quote:Truly random numbers are randomly nonrandom!

Whoa...I think my mind just exploded. Flushed