CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Leveling Up? - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: CC Zone Meta (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Leveling Up? (/thread-2579.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Leveling Up? - jblewis - 26-Mar-2012

I actually don't mind an occasional one of these, but I think it should be done the other way around (Marooned, for instance), and not like this or Checkerboard I.

Leveling Up? - geodave - 26-Mar-2012

Quote:I can testify to the difficulty of ordering levels. Not only do you have to come up with something that's generally agreeable, but you also have to make sure there's variety in the tiles and concepts featured in each level and ensure that there's occasional relief when things get tougher. Slight smile

And this is one of the reasons YOU are the teamleader -- you've been through this before.

Fire block

Leveling Up? - AdrenalinDragon - 27-Mar-2012

I'd say 1-74 as easy levels for CCLP1, and then 1-129 for Medium difficulty, and then 130-149 for Hard difficulty levels.

Leveling Up? - Flareon350 - 27-Mar-2012

That range of difficulty for CCLP1 seems perfect to me, though I would personally make it 140-149 being hard difficulty.

Leveling Up? - jblewis - 27-Mar-2012

I like it, but I think 140-144 should be "very hard" (and even that should not be close to, say, YCTaOFNT-level difficulty), with the remaining five levels as proper bonus entries with varying difficulties.

Leveling Up? - mathgrant - 28-Mar-2012

Because I am a stereotypical internet user, I am too lazy to read all of the pages of this thread to see whether or not this has been suggested, but how about having the levels of CCLP2 and CCLP3 as ranks beyond level 149? I personally like the CC1 level names as rank titles more than I like the other proposals, but an extension wouldn't hurt.

And if this idea HAS been proposed before, then, um, I second it! A lot! I very second it!

Leveling Up? - James - 28-Mar-2012

Quote:I'd say 1-74 as easy levels for CCLP1, and then 1-129 for Medium difficulty, and then 130-149 for Hard difficulty levels.
Quote:That range of difficulty for CCLP1 seems perfect to me, though I would personally make it 140-149 being hard difficulty.
Quote:I like it, but I think 140-144 should be "very hard" (and even that should not be close to, say, YCTaOFNT-level difficulty), with the remaining five levels as proper bonus entries with varying difficulties.

Difficulty ratings lie on a spectrum. For example, if I laid out every single custom level in existence in a line from easiest to hardest, where would the easy levels end and the medium levels begin? Where would the medium levels end and the hard levels begin? I think all three above comments are rather meaningless in that light (no offense Tongue).

Leveling Up? - IceyLava108 - 28-Mar-2012

I sort of liked how CC1 went, though - easy levels, then Blobnet [RAGE] then easy, then medium, then time consuming, then Cityblock [RAGE], more medium, then a little hard, then back to medium, then some confusing ones, then quick-action ones, then Blockbuster II [RAGE], then some hard ones that were fun and challenging, then Totally Unfair [RAGE], then some hard ones, then the really hard ones, then Pentagram [RAGE], then Stripes? [RAGE], but Fireflies was too easy... then the secret ones were fun too... Force Field [RAGE]

Leveling Up? - geodave - 28-Mar-2012

I did not find FIREFLIES easy. PENTAGRAM was easier.

Leveling Up? - BitBuster - 28-Mar-2012

Fireflies made/makes me dizzy. Pentagram's the sort of level you either solve by random guessing or by taking the time to draw a map. Not being the patient sort, I of course went with the former approach. I do not recommend it.