CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum
Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - Printable Version

+- CC Zone - Chip's Challenge Forum (https://forum.bitbusters.club)
+-- Forum: Chip's Challenge (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-13.html)
+---- Forum: Blog Station (https://forum.bitbusters.club/forum-31.html)
+---- Thread: Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it (/thread-85.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - geodave - 19-Jul-2013

Okay, so I've played through about half the packs, and generally I start at 4 and go up and down from there. An atrocious level may still get a 2 from me, because I'm nice like that. However, a few levels left such a bad taste in my mouth that they got the "kiss of death". As follows:

Yoshi Coal Mine -- Flouncy Level 8

I found this level exceedingly dull and tedious. It's not complicated, but it has really no redeeming value. I've made plenty of levels like this and I'm not proud.

Water Slide -- Flouncy Level 44

These slide-type levels are not my favorites to begin with, but this one in particular is annoyingly hard. I think we do need some TORTURE CHAMBER-style levels, but not this one.

Finding -- Giraffe Level 18 and Puzzling -- Helmet Level 29

Okay, this was mostly just on principle. However, I have played these levels before and yes, I hated them then also.

Death Box -- Giraffe Level 32

Could not figure this out. Seems like a re-hash of "Commit Suicide?" with no solution. I'm sure it's there somewhere, I was just not interested in figuring it out.

Blocked Block -- Lipstick Level 13

This level is, for me, completely unsolvable. And not in a good MORTON "there's some trick to this right?" kind of way.

The Inner Plague -- Vermillion Level 23

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG TEEEEEEEEETH!!!!!!

Flareon -- Dragon Level 6

Really? Pokémon? I mean, it's not even a fun level to play.

Teknopathetic -- Roadcone Level 42

Honestly, this is supposedly a great level. I could not get off the start tile in Lynx. It passed testing, so I'm sure it's possible, but if my old fingers cannot manage it, then it has a BA of 0 and that's just how it is.

In conclusion, I judge levels based almost solely on how I feel about them, rather than some external list of features or requirements. So, if you happen to make me ill, you will feel my wrath.

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - AdrenalinDragon - 19-Jul-2013

You're my hero, Dave!

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - pieguy - 20-Jul-2013

"Okay, this was mostly just on principle."

I think this is an extremely poor sentiment (though I don't disagree with the rating itself).

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - Flareon350 - 20-Jul-2013

One star for hating on Flareon, Dave. That level took a long time to make playable.

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - Green Kitten - 21-Jul-2013

But Yoshi Coal Mine has YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you hate Yoshi?

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - AdrenalinDragon - 21-Jul-2013

Andrew R level = Automatic 1 rating.

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - pieguy - 22-Jul-2013

Quote:Andrew R level = Automatic 1 rating.

Unless this is a bad joke, you have sunk to his level.

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - AdrenalinDragon - 22-Jul-2013

If only Andrew R. renamed Puzzling to Guessing he could have gotten five stars from me. Oh, the shame! (pieguy I was joking, I haven't given all his levels a 1)

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - jblewis - 22-Jul-2013

You know, we *did* mix up all these levels in packs for a reason...Wink

Why I had to vote 1 on some levels -- and why you will hate me for it - AdrenalinDragon - 22-Jul-2013

Yes, we must be careful not to assume levels with Andrew R.'s trademark -ing at the end of those level titles are not somebody's own creation. Wink