CCLXP2 Review/Feedback
Thanks Josh for your feedback! It's so nice to hear that something we put a lot of time into is doing at least something right and even more importantly is still fun.

Currently we have released the first version of CCLXP2
and a "game play update" that was meant to allow reporting scores on levels without fearing further updates. However, your comments on a couple of levels do make me think if we should still issue some small changes (which wouldn't affect reported times) when we get to updating the ccx file and other documentation.

Glider and Fire
: the choice to not change levels when they were already solvable in Lynx was costly on some of the levels, like this one. In the end, we did edit some of those levels as well so maybe here too we could at least remove a few of the gliders at the end. That's only reasonable, but mirroring the level is still too different when the original kind of worked already, unlike Time Bomb
. At the other end of the spectrum, Ranger Denmark
was flipped even though the original worked, but this is justified by the flipped version playing much more like the original in MS. The other main level that was solvable but left unchanged was Run-a-Muck
. In both these we tried to add a hint in the ccx file, but perhaps that was not enough to avoid all the frustration. At least we made small changes to Cloner's Maze
Slight smile

One-Block Sokoban *
: Maybe we could do something about getting stuck on the teleport due to splash delay. No clear best solution jumps right at me, but let's give it some thought.

Yet Another Puzzle LX
: I would have considered making the race easier for Chip had I thought of it. Now it's a bit too late as it would change the times reported for the score boards.

As I write this, more replies and comments on other levels come to mind, but I eventually plan on writing my own thoughts on all the levels (including a response to Chipster's review), so I'll stop here. Hopefully someone is still playing this set when I get around to it Slight smile

I like how you comment on a few levels we didn't touch, bringing out how different they felt in Lynx compared to MS. Those differences are what interested me in this project from the beginning. (That, and how some levels needed only the slightest changes to make them work.) I didn't imagine at the start that we would get a version for all the levels! One person couldn't have done it alone, and I am glad you were part of the team! Your contributions (plus this review) were valuable, so a big thank you!

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
CCLXP2 Review/Feedback - by Flareon350 - 25-Jan-2016, 4:05 AM
CCLXP2 Review/Feedback - by M11k4 - 26-Jan-2016, 2:17 AM
CCLXP2 Review/Feedback - by chipster1059 - 27-Jan-2016, 1:13 PM