May 2017 Time Trial
This one's a good one.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/621-%7B?%7D/

This time we are running the competition in Lynx! (Of course I forgot to change the file to default to that, so that's why the version is 1.1.)

The first level in MS would just have a touch too much boosting so I thought more people would enjoy it in Lynx. I will of course still be interested in seeing your MS routes, so send those too even if we are concentrating on Lynx in the competition. (I'll even try to figure out what your route is worth in Lynx for you if you want.)

The first level, Frozen Polyominoes
, is one of those chip collecting levels with shapes, but this time the chips surround the shapes instead of forming them. Can you recognize this set of polyominoes, that is, what characteristic defines them? The second level, Linked Lite
, is a shortened version of one found in lookatthis's 60 Minutes.dat. I found it to be a fun monster manipulation level, and I hope you will too.

Usually we add up the remaining seconds on the levels to determine a score, but this time the disparate nature of the levels calls for something a bit different. A gain of one second in the first level does not feel the same as in the second one, due to both the open nature of the first one and the equalizing last room of the second one. Thus, we'll see what happens if we consider the seconds in the first level to be twice as valuable than those in the second for scoring purposes.

Enjoy!

-Miika

Details (including the deadline of JUNE 11th):

[Click to Show Content]

Messages In This Thread
May 2017 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 06-May-2017, 1:55 AM
May 2017 Time Trial - by ruben - 06-May-2017, 5:49 AM
May 2017 Time Trial - by Ihavenoname248 - 06-May-2017, 8:47 AM
May 2017 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 10-May-2017, 3:50 AM
May 2017 Time Trial - by ruben - 10-May-2017, 5:44 AM
May 2017 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 10-May-2017, 1:56 PM
May 2017 Time Trial - by M11k4 - 25-Aug-2017, 5:25 AM