April 2017 Create Competition - The Five Rooms
Results... are postponed! Because the deadline is extended! Let's make it May 28th where you live, which will still be before the deadline on the new (and awesome, or am I obligated to say a-maze-ing!) May create competition. I always intended to extend this deadline because I feared people would have been working on their votes for CCLP4 and I want to have a bunch of different takes on what to do with these rooms Slight smile

I do have an update on the already submitted stuff. I think I'll award an Early Bird Bonus of one Chip Cup point for all the people who got their levels in before now. They are, in no particular order, except that in which I saw them:
  • M11k4
  • Ihavenoname248
  • geodave
  • RB3ProKeys
  • rubenspaans
As everyone submitted five rooms, we currently can connect them to make 3,125 different levels Slight smile But let's not stop here and aim for 100,000+ Slight smile So to help in this, for the rest of this competition any participant can also score an extra Chip Cup point by referring a new participant. For this to count, the new participant must name the person who referred them in their submission email. Let's try this out and not make it too complicated.

Meanwhile, I have played all the submitted rooms and I wonder if the four of you who already made yours would like to see the others as well? There's also the option of updating your submission after hearing some feedback, you know, just to smooth out some rough patches and iron out some corners. Slight smile We also should come up with more names for the levels that will be created by combining rooms from several designers.

So that's it for now, but there is clearly more to come in just a couple weeks!

-Miika

P.S. one more guide line that I hadn't touched upon... it's hard to use hint tiles in several rooms, so don't overdo them. They aren't strictly off limits but just be aware that they will complicate combining rooms so don't use them too wildly. Also, I do now see that some of the inter-room instructions with the keys and toggles was not as clear or simple as it could have been, so I'll try not to judge too harshly on those aspects when the time comes.

Messages In This Thread
April 2017 Create Competition - The Five Rooms - by M11k4 - 10-May-2017, 3:38 AM