Pineapple Pack - Discussion
Also forgot to mention #37 Forcing. The yellow-door guessing game at the very end is just mean and ruins an otherwise decent level.

Any hints for #46 The Room Without Space?

Quote:#6: The randomness is at the start of the level and there are lots of safe spaces, so it's really not too bad. The invisible wall guessing game? No guessing, just a couple blocked off keys.

#15: Avoiding the thieves can be a little tricky, but you can plan a route during the initial descent! Going all the way to the left and then moving right 3 columns is an easy method...and then the second room gives you time to stop and think to plan the next slides. In Lynx, the time limit is a little tight, however.

#18: It's possible to solve this level deterministically in both rulesets. In fact, that's the point of the puzzle! There are some really cool ruleset exclusive tricks going on in this small space, so I'd highly recommend giving the level another shot instead of dismissing it outright for perceived unfairness.

#35: The blob room is huge. The walker room is a little smallish but really not too bad overall, especially once the path to the blob room is opened up. The thing with the tank is unfortunate (but an easy fix), and the hidden wall section? A little mean given the time limit but you have to expect that the farthest blue keys are more likely to be correct. I'm not a fan of this one either, but it's definitely not objectively bad, nor do blob/walker/hidden wall rooms make a level bad.

#40: I made this. The other level in voting with the same name is better. You are also correct as to the purpose of the toggle wall room- fire allowed slaps in Lynx, toggle walls allowed flicks in MS, so rather than design an unequal puzzle, I made one and mirrored it for the other ruleset.

#6 Once you get past the blobs, the level is decent...until the bug cloning machine.

#15 I lack the fingers for such precise timing, but can see why others would enjoy it.

#18 Gave the level another try. The chip on the bottom-left was easy. The trick to the chip on the bottom-right is really neat. Yet to figure out how to get the third one. I think levels in official packs should avoid ruleset-specific mechanics, except under special circumstances, such as Construct-A-Sokoban in this pack and CCLP3 #16 Two Sets of Rules. Even for that level, the cross-checking generated much controversy (and the hint should have been placed in that room).

#35 If the tank issue was fixed, I would not penalise the level for the blob and walker rooms, but the hidden wall section is still terrible and the level is not particularly amazing.

#40 Will try the other Construct-A-Sokoban. Thanks for the heads-up! I am playing the packs in reverse order (starting with Expansion) so I did not know about it. Doubt I will have time to finish even five packs.

Quote:Recessed walls under blocks are actually valid tile combinations Slight smile
No idea why ChipEdit marks them as invalid.

Messages In This Thread
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 31-Oct-2016, 2:09 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by hkn - 15-Mar-2017, 11:23 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Mar-2017, 1:31 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Ihavenoname248 - 16-Mar-2017, 5:17 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by hkn - 18-Mar-2017, 2:11 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by ruben - 19-Mar-2017, 8:16 AM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 11-Apr-2017, 9:53 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 14-Apr-2017, 6:10 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 14-Apr-2017, 7:13 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by mmoraleta - 14-Apr-2017, 7:15 PM
Pineapple Pack - Discussion - by random 8 - 15-Apr-2017, 12:25 AM