Veteran pack vs CCLP4
Thanks for everyone's reactions.

The reason I saw this as a good time to bring this up, is that I'm trying to figure out what I would want CCLP4 to look like and am thinking which sort of levels are the right fit for it. If we had discussed a hardcore pack before CCLP3, I think stuff like Avalanche and YCTaOFNT would probably not be in CCLP3. Both are levels that I really think deserved wider recognition than they were getting in their original sets, but they also were pretty difficult of a CCLPn. Perhaps I don't quite understand what the exact plan is to avoid this sort of situation in CCLP4. Sorry that I am not able to just vote on which levels I like and let you guys figure out the difficulty curve, mainly because CCLP1 turned out so well when we had a clearer goal in mind. I did not think talking about or even starting this set would step on the toes of CCLP4, but rather it could work well in conjuction. Does that make sense? In my mind, having a separate place for these ultra hard levels would free up space in CCLP4, while still acknowledging that there are players and designers who enjoy this type of a level too.

In any case this extreme pack could host a variety of different types of levels and different types of difficulty. Maybe not levels that are inhumanly difficult to figure out or play, but something that still keeps players interested. They should still be challenging, even to the point that not all of us would solve all of them. At the lower end of the curve would be levels that fit nicely in a CCLPn. Would the end of CCLP4 be the same difficulty as some levels in this other pack? I don't know, would you want it to be? I don't think it matters if both packs do what is best for their intended audiences.

Messages In This Thread
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 18-Jul-2016, 2:25 AM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by Flareon350 - 18-Jul-2016, 2:46 AM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by geodave - 18-Jul-2016, 7:36 AM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by chipster1059 - 18-Jul-2016, 11:49 AM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by KeyboardWielder - 18-Jul-2016, 12:59 PM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by James - 18-Jul-2016, 1:10 PM
Veteran pack vs CCLP4 - by M11k4 - 19-Jul-2016, 7:43 AM