Ravioli Pack - Discussion
Is this the best pack?

I'm not going to comment on all the levels, but here are some observations of a few of them.

#1 (Tank You Very Much
) : Like others have said, Chip starting in the block room would work better as that's the room that's easiest to mess up. Some cool ideas in here though, including that room.

#2 (Amorphous
) : A decent pink ball level, though your own comments got me thinking of the structure. Maybe it it could have been two separate sections one could practice, instead of one long one?

#6 (Til Tuesday
) : A nice mix of different things. I needed more time though, as I like to push every real blue wall. I liked the symmetry of the cloning rooms and can't find anything negative to say about the rest of the level either. Well put together!

#8 (Buried Alive
) : I guess I'll comment on this one too, as everyone else seems to have. I like it.

#10 (Eating Rocks
) : Is my new favorite thing Teeth levels? Because I love this one and some others too in the voting. Now that I look at the map, I wonder what I gained from starting the level with all the doors closed and Chip so far from the toggle button? A good structure for the concept otherwise.

#12 (Gone to Lunch
) : Yep, I like this too. Are the sides unequal? I didn't notice, but there were a couple chips that were tricky, and they I wouldn't mind if they weren't on the same side. What about having an extra red lock or two somewhere just in case I mess up? Of course, there is merit to keeping things simple, so no complaints.

#13 (Sandstorms in the Underworld
) : A very nice design. I did kill myself trying to push (21,8) upwards but it was a cloner, not a block. Also my pet peeve in level design is mechanisms that are unnecessarily complex and I find that here with the cloner at (13,24). It could just be a block that is pushed forward, or even better, why have anything at all and just let the thing keep going? I guess the noise is annoying? Slight smile But now I feel bad for just pointing out these minor things in anotherwise great execution of a neat concept. I like the starting room; it reminds the player how paramecia move. I like the fire boots as a temptation to be picked up too early. I like the block pushing and just one paramecium in that room. I like the ff slide. I like the distance between the circling paramecium and the flippers, allowing me to get them without waiting. I like the re-use of the block once you get the skates. I like the pop-up wall bit. I like the room with all the red keys and knowing I'm not supposed to pick them up. I like the tension in the next room, where I really have to be sure where the blocks are needed and how to get them there. I like the placement of the Exit. In short, I like this level.

#16 (Western Standards of Living
) : I've seen several levels that try to play around with different colors and mixtures of tiles to look unique, and this one definitely succeeds. In Lynx I was able to free a Walker but it didn't help me bust the level.

#17 (Eat Dirt
) : Eleven Teeth? Maybe eight would be better. I like the concept.

#18 (Chipweave
) : I admit, I got lost on my first attempt and ran out of time. A good maze.

#19 (Secret Society of the Teeth
) : This level gave me an idea. Thanks!

#20 (Turning Tables
) : From the comments from other people I see that this was not a very liked level. The main issue seems to be that the Teeth can trap Chip too easily. But that's the point of the level! It's a study of how to get those chips even with that thing chasing you. If there was more room, this would be way too simple. Having said that, it was not a fun level in the end even if the concept worked. (But that's how design works, in my opinion; you get an idea, flesh it out, and then you see what you ended up with.)

#27 (Carnival
) : Well there's an hour of my life I won't get back Slight smile I was first a bit silly and used the bug on the last bomb guarding the green key without realizing I can use a block for that one too. I guess it's intended that the block in the SW can be pushed onto the ff slide and not use the recessed walls? Overall, some very nice and tricky puzzles in this one, and I would say that they could be split into their own levels, but I do see the connecting theme of "using blocks in a moving environment" kind of, but still would prefer if the rooms could each be practiced separately instead of always having to first get the green key before getting to the lower half of the level. Maybe I need to play TS1 in MS now too so I can report more levels as solved on pieguy's site. Slight smile

#29 (Against the Floe
) : I always enjoyed playing this. The timing is not too strict and yet it's not trivial either.

#33 (Brickwalled
) : I prefer the version with the bugs and no keys. The spacing is nice and the name of the level finally connected with me to the wall pattern.

#34 (Bam Thwok
) : Curious how some levels just jump out as certainly being from some designer. It is possible I have tried this level before and my sub-conscience remembered it, but otherwise I just knew this had to be from Tyler. I feel some people give up on levels like this once they encounter a spot they can't crack right then and there, but they end up missing the best parts, that usually come later when the concept is taken just a little bit further than it's introduction. This is a great level, but voters will decide if a CCLP is the right place for it.

#35 (How I Learned...
) : Yeah, this was fun and the time limit was good, but can I please see the optimal route? Tongue

#37 (Traps of Creativity
) : When you name your level this, I would hope to encounter some creative traps. Did I? Well, I did encounter some traps and even some creative stuff, but the two really didn't overlap I thought. Still a fine level with some highlights. I liked that the blue key was so close to the chip and yet you had to carry it pretty far to use it. In Lynx it was possible to clone 23 gliders in the NW to save a yellow key, though this was not faster than just using both. The SW monster area was clever and of course the toggle leading to the exit was too.

#41 (Center of Gravity
) : I had an interesting occurrence with the bugs in the NE section. The second bug bounced back from the pink ball. Apparently, the bugs interacted with each other and the parity changed. I was playing in Lynx, but this should be possibly in MS as well. Having one patch of ice might be a fix. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but MS it's possible to solve the level in twenty seconds by using the Flame Boy trick.

#42 (Platforming?!
) : This concept hasn't been done too many times, and I enjoyed this execution of it as much as that other one I remember.

#44 (Rainbow
) : I like seeing concepts like this, but in the end this one didn't create a great puzzle. Hopefully someone can be inspired from this and do just that some day. I see that some effort went into arranging the room with the keys, but the game play ends up being rather simple. Maybe in CC2 the player could be forced to travel through the room several times, each time carving a new route.

#47 (Excuse Me
) : This was nice. All the sections were different, but I was left wondering if there was something missing from the level. Perhaps the final room was a bit simple and there could have been a way to interact with the mechanism to give it one more twist. My favorite room was the one with the Teeth.

#48 (Trap Runner
) : I like these sections and will probably blatantly copy one or two of them for a level of my own some day. Not sure if it's a concept that carries a full level, but not a bad effort at all.

#49 (Gliders and Gliders
) : I always liked this one. Granted, the block section is a bit tricky in comparison to the other parts, but I can live with it. Bonus points for allowing me to go either way at the start and both ways being interesting.

#50 (Concrete Jungle
) : A successful maze of it's type. I always enjoy recessed wall stuff like this Teeth

I feel like I could comment on some more levels, but then I wouldn't feel good leaving out the rest, so I'll leave it here at half way. Slight smile

Messages In This Thread
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 17-Jul-2016, 2:28 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 23-Jul-2016, 7:12 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 24-Jul-2016, 4:52 AM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 24-Jul-2016, 12:36 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by quiznos00 - 25-Jul-2016, 2:46 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 25-Jul-2016, 3:06 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by IceyLava108 - 25-Jul-2016, 7:48 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 25-Jul-2016, 8:49 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 29-Jul-2016, 6:59 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by ajmiam - 16-Aug-2016, 5:29 PM
Ravioli Pack - Discussion - by Ihavenoname248 - 22-Aug-2016, 2:26 AM