Differences between Atari Lynx and CC2 engines
Quote:Thanks, Eric. There's a lot of stuff here, and I'll need to find a block of time to aggregate it all.

I assume "release boosting" refers to the skipped frame that happens when a creature leaves a clone machine or a beartrap. I don't know what "clone desynchronization" refers to (though I'm glad it's not a glitch in Tile World). random8 also referred to a "teleport-stacking glitch" -- which glitch is that?

Thanks for the note about starting out on an item! I'll add it to the Tile World bug list.

I'm surprised by your "full first second" comment. Didn't the Lynx always give you a full first second?

If a creature on a clone machine is processed later than the creature that pushed the clone button, then it gets an ordinary move in addition to the skipped frame. But if the creature was processed earlier, then it doesn't get that move. Suppose there is a clone machine whose clones push the button for the same clone machine, and then later die in water. If there are two such setups side by side, then even if the monsters are initially abreast of each other, they (may) eventually get more and more desynchronized. This is because sometimes one of the monsters leaving the clone machine will get an extra move and the other won't, and over time the difference becomes more pronounced. If the clone machines are controlled by completely different monsters, there can still occasionally be one clone ahead of the other, but it won't add up over time.

I just tried the Lynx again, and it definitely appears to not always give the full second. Some beta versions of CC2 had the same issue (as seen in JB's Let's Play.)

Messages In This Thread
Differences between Atari Lynx and CC2 engines - by Eric119 - 25-Jul-2015, 2:40 PM